Data wipe on rooted gingerbread

densetsu86

Reaction score
Hey does anybody know if its possible to do a data wipe on a rooted gingerbread and keep root for the dx2?

The reason why I asked I did the data wipe before I installed the rooted gingerbread update and notice that I for some reason had the new market after the data wipe and that my software looked a little bit different then what I had before the wipe. DROID forums app looked a little bit different not to much though and the email icon was gray and black instead of red and white.

Now after I did the rooted gingerbread update I have the old market again and DROID forum app looks like what it did from before data wipe. I don't care about the DROID forums app but I do want the new market back as that looked cool as he'll and I didn't play with it at all. I was on a mission to get rooted gingerbread.

And btw I was following the instructions from the xda forums and I did not get the error he mention instead it said it was successful and I did do one bootloop but did not stall in the DROID eye it was rather quick. I am rooted though as I do see the super user icon.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums