Data Usage Warning

thorton02

Reaction score
This morning I got a data usage warning message on my GN that I'm about to go over the 2gb cap. I have unlimited data so I assume this is just a built-in function to scare people(please tell me if I'm wrong). I can't find anyway to get rid of the message. No matter what I do, it remains in my notification screen. Has anyone run into this before?

I may as well ask, I had unlimited data when I upgraded to the GN. I confirmed with the guy at Verizon that this would not change and he confirmed it was no problem. Is there any easy way to confirm that my verizon account has unlimited data? I took a quick glance at my verizon account info online, but didn't see this specifically mentioned.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
My brother got the same thing in the form of a text message. Apparently it doesn't mean anything.

As far as confirming your unlimited, call customer service. I wouldn't worry about it tho.

Snow02

Reaction score
Go into settings - data usage and turn off set mobile data limit.

OP
thorton02

thorton02

Reaction score
That did it. Thanks.

Man, that was a quick 2gb. I've only had this thing for a week. My droid wouldn't even turn on this month so I know it was all coming from the Nexus. This phone rules.

magnus

Reaction score
2GB in a week!!?? What are you doing? ...hosting Skynet? :)

Killuminati

Reaction score
I've had the phone since it came out already got my data up to 8 gigs. Can't put the damn thing down!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OP
thorton02

thorton02

Reaction score
Lol, I've been using Youtube quite a bit, but didn't realize how much data it was eating up. Imagine if there were no network issues:icon_ devil:

droidtom

Reaction score
You have to realize that with a faster connection everything changes. Netflix will stream at a higher rate for better quality. Speedtest downloads larger files. The data usage section is cool to show how much is used by each app. Mine shows 770MB for speed test. What a hoot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kujio

Reaction score
The notification is easy to get rid of. Go into your settings, data usage, and on the graph that shows your usage over time, drag the orange line up.

angel4451

Reaction score
There is a data widget..on mine it tells me usage/ unlimited..

I upgraded from a Droid 1 and my data plan stayed the same

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Gremlin

Reaction score
if you download myverizon from market, you can log on to your account and the widget will tell you what data plan you have.. If it says, unlimited you are good to go..

Snow02

Reaction score
You have to realize that with a faster connection everything changes. Netflix will stream at a higher rate for better quality. Speedtest downloads larger files. The data usage section is cool to show how much is used by each app. Mine shows 770MB for speed test. What a hoot

Jesus. How many speed tests do you need to run? I know lte is pretty amazing, but at about 12 MB per test, that's like 60 speed tests.