Data Usage vs File Size?

miss619

Reaction score
I originally posted this in Apps but I don't think it is an app issue...just a question about what constitutes as data usage. Sorry to the mods about other post.

DroidTV & data usage

Hey.. So I have the $30 data package on my Droid 2 which allows up to either 1 or 2 gigs. I downloaded Droid TV, which is an app that lets you "record" episodes of tv shows to your phone..it is basically a DVR app. I know an hour long episode of tv on my computer would take up a lot of space if put onto my phone, and I am wondering if the video size/space used and data used are directly related. Will each TV show I "record" eat up the same amount of my data allowance as it will take up memory on my SD card? Basically need to know the difference (if there is one) in the data used with memory stored. Say I record an hour long episode of a show on DroidTV that would normally take up 1gig on my computer...does that mean I just used up my entire data allowance by watching one show?

I am worried after buying this app and now watching all these shows, I am going to go over my limit and owe a lot of $. IDK if this is a stupid question, sorry.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Can't say for sure, but I would assume that if it takes up 1G on the SD card then it would also use 1G of your data plan. Would definitely be careful when using the app. You may want to test it with a small show if there is one. Use the Verizon app to check your data usage before and after the download.