Data and promotion?

Jessica29

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a new Droid user...actually I haven't even received the phone yet but it should be arriving by Thursday! Anyways, since it was the buy 1 get 1 free promotion, my dad got one for himself and I. The only thing is, he gave himself the unlimited data plan and the 150 mb to me (mean right? lol) . I have been scrolling through the forums and saw that someone said that sometimes if they see your on a family plan, they may reduce your unlimited to $10.00? (I think they said it was a promotion.) I have been trying to find the forum but I cant, do you think Verizon would do such a thing if I am on a family plan?? I'm probably getting my hopes up but I thought I would ask your opinions anyways. Mind you, I'm upgrading from a voyager!! Big step, I know. I'm just nervous about going over the 150 mb. Thanks for all the help.

Jess

Beka27

Reaction score
First forum at the top (droid news) has a thread about this promo. Its called "new verizon unlimited plan" or something to this effect. Call soon because this promo is probably ending soon if it hasn't already.

Keep in mind that some people use 150 mb in the matter of a couple days. And overages are way more expensive than the unlimited data plan. Do you have wifi at home and school? Keep your phone on wifi as much as possible.

(from Beka's DX)

OP
J

Jessica29

Reaction score
Got it, thanks!
I called this morning and they said it was only for "certain" people. LOL. oh well, was worth a try!!

Beka27

Reaction score
At least try to call a few times. Many people are still getting it, you just have to be persistent.

(from Beka's DX)

bpro215

Reaction score
My daughter just signed up for it. Had to convince the person that she got an email on it but ended up with it. She is in Nashville, TN

Bill