Darkslide newbie.

Droid_X_2010

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am currently running Liberty 1.5. I want to flash darkslide. I seen the instructions, and read on how to flash it but is there any thing different when flashing from LIberty?

thank you.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Just follow the instructions and don't forget to make a backup first. Everything should go just fine. Im a little new to the dx and I didn't have any problems switching between the two.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

N

NipplesAndLicks

I would just stay at lib 1.5 its the one you all ready know best

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

NattyBee

Reaction score
Just follow the instructions in the DarkSlide release thread, you'll be fine my friend :) don't forget to back up...if you need help, feel free to ask...if you want, send me a PM I will help ;)

sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Talon66721

Reaction score
I tried the Liberty rom for a couple of days and couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Terrible battery life, lots of fc's and glitchy as all get out. Overhyped imho, but it seems that a lot of people like it. Personally, I love darkslide and always seem to come back to it and keep it for the longest. Just keep in mind that a lot of it is about personal taste and needs. For me, it's been the most stable, gives me plenty of battery life while I'm at work (I'm a painter and am not usually sitting near an outlet during the day and it lasts for me.) I worked eleven hours straight the other day, was on the phone, texted some, used maps and radar a couple of times, and listened to pandora and tune in radio a good portion of the day and still had around forty percent on my stock (not extended) battery at the end of the day. That's a win in my book any day of the week.

OP
D

Droid_X_2010

Reaction score
Hey all thanks for the advice everyone I flashed over to darkslide non blur. I can see this rom is very snappy. I am really enjoying this so far.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Hey all thanks for the advice everyone I flashed over to darkslide non blur. I can see this rom is very snappy. I am really enjoying this so far.

Very good :) glad you're liking it ;)

Sent from my DROID X using Tapatalk

icenyne1

Reaction score
I'm running the pre rooted leaked version of gingerbread on my Dx. Will I have to reinstall 2.2.1 before I flash to darkslide?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Talon66721

Reaction score
@ icenyne

Yes, you'll need to sbf back. Gb is a different build. Darkslide (which I'm running), is built from froyo.

icenyne1

Reaction score
Thanks.. doesn't really seem worth it. I think ill stick with gb for now. Maybe ill sbf back and try this when I get sick of it.

Talon66721

Reaction score
Right on, I haven't ventured over to gb just yet. Waiting a bit to make sure most of the kinks are worked out first. Probably will by next week.

icenyne1

Reaction score
Thanks.. doesn't really seem worth it. I think ill stick with gb for now. Maybe ill sbf back and try this when I get sick of it.

Sent from my DROIDX GBROOT