DarkAndroid for rubiX Focused 1.9.3

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
DarkAndroid Theme for rubiX Focused 1.8.6, 1.9.3, & 1.9.0 Leak and Non-Leak Builds

Dark Android for RubiX Focused 1.8.6, 1.9.3, and 1.9.0

Dark Android is a very detailed dark theme with green highlights for RubiX Focused 1.8.6, 1.9.3, and 1.9.0.

The following system apps are themed in this version:
  1. Dialer
  2. News Widget
  3. Settings & Power Widget
  4. Google Search Box
  5. Browser
  6. Gingerbread Keyboard
  7. Contacts
  8. MotoTorch/Ringer Widgets

RubiX-DA1.jpg
RubiX-DA2.jpg

If you would like to see Dark Android ported to another ROM, I gladly accept requests and I will see if I or someone else can do so in a reasonable amount of time. I am currently in need of testers or developers to work with me to expand my testing abilities and content since I only have a few testers and am using my primary phone to develop and test on. If you would like to test or help in development, please email me at [email protected].

As always, I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone and all mods, including this theme and all others, have the possibility of damaging your phone. I will do my best to support my theme and assist with any errors that may be caused by this theme. Please read all instructions and entire thread before installing. Important information can be within the thread in user posts. Please remember that I do this as a hobby after my full time job so please allow adequate time for me to respond to a question or issue.

To install Dark Android, download the package and follow the below instructions:
You should always backup your system before installing any ROM or theme.
  • Copy DarkAndroid.zip to your sdcard
  • Reboot into Bootstrap Recovery
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Choose zip
  • Browse and select zip
  • Install zip
  • When complete, use back button or power button to back up
  • Reboot phone

There is also a goodies pack that contains lots of icons, wallpapers, LP docks, and alternate fonts as well as various themed market apps. To use the extra content in the goodies pack and market apps, download them into a folder on your sdcard.
  • The goodies pack should be extracted onto you sdcard
  • The icons can be applied using Launcher Pro, Desktop Visualizer, Folder Organizer, or one of the many other choices for icon customization.
  • The docks can be used with Launcher Pro.
  • The fonts are in flashable zips so once extracted, they can be flashed.
  • Of course, the wallpapers are applied the normal way using the gallery selection or other tool.
  • To install the market apps from your sdcard, remove the .zip extension and install like any other app. (You must remove any existing version of the app prior to installing)

For more information about how to use Launcher Pro to modify your dock and icons, check out their user guide here.

Download Links
Dark Android for RubiX 1.8.6, 1.9.3, and 1.9.0
Google Voice
Launcher Pro
Black/White Swype Keyboard
Goodies Pack

If you like my work and want to help me continue my work... click here.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 906
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 726
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 722
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 788

mkcm97

Reaction score
downloaded on 1.8.9 everything looks awesome. Especially like the fonts. Wouldn't mind if you made it in blue *hint*

bfranke09

Reaction score
How do I install the goodies zip??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mkcm97

Reaction score

you extract the .zip on your pc. Open then drag the extracted folders onto your sd card, check gallery and walla. BTW, it's not a flashable update .zip or anything it's just some images and fonts you can apply unlike the actual theme itself.

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly

you extract the .zip on your pc. Open then drag the extracted folders onto your sd card, check gallery and walla. BTW, it's not a flashable update .zip or anything it's just some images and fonts you can apply unlike the actual theme itself.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for replying. I have been bogged down all weekend working on a Java project.

detox

Reaction score
I really like your theme. Nice work. Just did the ota for jrummys new rom but stubled across this. Think I'll be using this until UD comes out. Keep up the good work!

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I am in the process of theming Launcher Pro and Widget Locker. I am drawing a blank at ideas to make it "unique" so I thought I would humbly ask for suggestions and opinions. Here is what I have so far:

This is a current process so please be gentle, but tell me what you would like to see and if I am going in a good direction. This may end up being a request thread if anything else.

Due to my limited storage on the forums, I have everything hosted on my site. Please click here to criticize my work.

Dark Android Theme
Built by the users, for the users

...sounds cheesy:p

Thanks for the input.

detox

Reaction score
I am in the process of theming Launcher Pro and Widget Locker. I am drawing a blank at ideas to make it "unique" so I thought I would humbly ask for suggestions and opinions. Here is what I have so far:

This is a current process so please be gentle, but tell me what you would like to see and if I am going in a good direction. This may end up being a request thread if anything else.

Due to my limited storage on the forums, I have everything hosted on my site. Please click here to criticize my work.

Dark Android Theme
Built by the users, for the users

...sounds cheesy:p

Thanks for the input.

I don't have any suggestions for themeing but I do have an idea. Why don't you try to get a hold of drod and see if he could send you the newest version of rubiX he is working on and start working on your theme. I really like you darkdroid theme but am actually using jrummys rom right now do to battery issues with rubiX. That way you can stay ahead of the game. Just a suggestion. I'll be coming back to rubiX once its released unless UD comes out first but its still in alpha. It is very sweet though. Have you checked it out?