Damaged SD card

stick person

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm having some trouble with my SD card and can't find a solution anywhere. I'm getting the message "damaged SD card" and tried formatting it through the phone, but it's not working. I can't format it on my Mac because the computer isn't picking the card up. I also tried putting it into my old BB and formatting it from there, but it said it failed. I'm thinking about bringing it back to VZW but I'm rooted and can't get back to stock without a working SD card...

Any clue what I can do?

Thanks for the help

markinwyo

Reaction score
Instead of formatting there is a repair function. I am not sure on Mac but in Windows you can go into drive repair. It usually happens when the card is removed before the system is done saving to it ( removed with out unmounting). I have heard about the SD cards being damaged when the TB auto reboot when it locks up. You could stop by a Verizon store or chat online with support and tell them about the card with out telling them your rooted. They have been having lots of tech issues. Who knows they may send you a new card.

OR
Buy a cheap low memory microsd and download the image on it.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Or try to find a windows PC to use for 5 min to format it.