dalendar questions

bill hansen

Reaction score
I see several threads about calendars. I like the default calendar in the Droid X well enough, but I really need to be able to see a several month period of time - preferably a year's worth of months, which can then be expanded to a monthly view, and weekly, and daily. Is this possible with the default calendar?

Second question - I thought it would be easy to delete events from a calendar but I haven't been able to do that. What am I missing - how does one delete a calendar event?

I know these are newbie questions which may have been answered on forums before - but in my Search, I missed seeing those answers.

Thanks - Bill

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the stock (default) calendar app. To delete an event long press (press and hold) on the event a new window will open tap menu, tap delete.

The stick (default) app has display options for day, week, month, agenda. If you select agenda you can scroll forward and backward to different month. Check out Jorte (free in the market) it my meet you needs.

Mike

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
thanks Mike

Mike - Thanks for the tip on Jorte. I looked at their website and also poked around the web looking for reviews. Looks as if some people love Jorte, but some dislike it because it has removed the widgets from their Droids. I never did see a detailed description or screen shots of what it could and could not do. I'm going to follow Jorte, which seems to go through a new revision every few days - and maybe at some later time I'll download it.

Meanwhile I have stumbled upon a way to navigate into the future with the Google calendar on the Droid X. It's pretty clunky, and I can't navigate back in time, but it does work for future dates. Navigation back and forth is easy with the web version of Google calendar, but not on the Droid version.

Thanks again - Bill

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
backwards now

Mike - Thanks also for the info on how to delete Events. I've stumbled on a month-by-month way of navigating back in time, on the Droid X Google calendar. Again, it's clunky, but it works well enough for now. - Bill