D3 vs Bionic

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Thank you I thought so he says he has only 5 screens probably cant count lol

It does have 5 screens. But seriously how many do you honestly need?

Sent from my DROID3

doogald

Reaction score
The 5 screen limit is easily solvable with a replacement launcher, like ADW, LauncherPro, Go, etc., etc.

I had a Bionic for 2 weeks before exchanging it for the D3. The Bionic is a fine phone, though a bit bigger than I prefer. It also has some data issues that will be solved (supposedly) with an OTA updated coming at some point in the next month or two. I am frequently in WiFi, though, and live in an area with spotty 4G coverage, so I prefer a solid 3G phone like the D3 over a less mature 4G phone like the Bionic at this time.

pinback

Reaction score
How big is the Bionic compared to d3? I thought the Bionic was much smaller than D3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
How big is the Bionic compared to d3? I thought the Bionic was much smaller than D3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Screen size wise D3 is .3in smaller. The bionic is bigger though.

Sent from my DROID3

jared16

Reaction score
The 5 screen limit is easily solvable with a replacement launcher, like ADW, LauncherPro, Go, etc., etc.

I had a Bionic for 2 weeks before exchanging it for the D3. The Bionic is a fine phone, though a bit bigger than I prefer. It also has some data issues that will be solved (supposedly) with an OTA updated coming at some point in the next month or two. I am frequently in WiFi, though, and live in an area with spotty 4G coverage, so I prefer a solid 3G phone like the D3 over a less mature 4G phone like the Bionic at this time.

How long do you have to exchange?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

doogald

Reaction score
There is also a $35 restocking fee for exchanges through Verizon. I think if you buy from Costco you have longer.

The Bionic is slightly longer (3.5 mm, or 1/8 inch) and wider (2 mm, or 5/64 inch) than the D3; the D3 is thicker (2 mm). The D3 has the same resolution display (960 x 540) on a 4" display rather than a 4.3" display, so there are more dots per inch.