D3 reponse slower than D2G

jdisrael

Reaction score
For some reason it seems the response time on my Droid 3 is much worse than my Droid 2 global when opening apps and switching between contexts. Example: Opening gmail and then clicking on an unread mail. It seems like it lags switching contexts to bring up the mail for reading.
I noticed the same lag on the home screen and installed Launcher Pro. That was a big improvement there. But why is everything else seeming slower than d2g? Another example is opening text messages. Takes a second to switch.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
For some reason it seems the response time on my Droid 3 is much worse than my Droid 2 global when opening apps and switching between contexts. Example: Opening gmail and then clicking on an unread mail. It seems like it lags switching contexts to bring up the mail for reading.
I noticed the same lag on the home screen and installed Launcher Pro. That was a big improvement there. But why is everything else seeming slower than d2g? Another example is opening text messages. Takes a second to switch.

The two examples you give are dependent on either data or reading from memory. Either way it doesn't seem these activities would have changed either for the better or worse. Do you have specific timings?

OP
J

jdisrael

Reaction score
Its in the realm of 0.5-1 second delays. Its just something thats completely noticable. When I select an email and hit delete, i have to wait a beat for it to respond and delete. It always seems like navigating through apps and contexts is a beat behind and it slows down my workflow.
I saw another thread where people were complaining about general lag. Some of them suggested moto maybe rushed this out and didnt properly thread blur for dual core?
Anyways, i dont have much crap on here in terms of apps. And my average free ram is about 50mb. Though from what I understand about Android, free ram is not an indication of performance, as the system would try to make use of all the ram it has and dynamically close least used processes as needed. Thats why some have said task killers are unneccessary.
With as slow as the stock homescreen is, something has to be wrong. I noticed lag since the moment I got it and wondered if I even had a dual core phone at all.