D2G code corrupt

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I've done all the searching I can do for about 2 solid weeks now and can't get a real sturdy answer so here goes..
My D2G is(was) rooted with Z4, has the bootstrapper, clockwork, fission rom manager(not fission rom)no roms, nothing fancy at all.
2 weeks back it went into the notorious bootloop. Pulled the battery, no change. Went into clockwork recovery, restored, reset, no change. Realized it was time to SBF.
Got RSD 4.9, 2 different sbf's for D2G, moto drivers for D2G and went to town.
First time through failed. Ended up with the "Corrupt Code" message. Everyone said, reload rsd, reinstall drivers, etc. Done. Finally got it to pass, only to have it go right back into the aforementioned bootloop. So folks say go to stock recovery, wipe data, wipe cache and *poof* everything should be tip top.....

Well, it's not. Tried sbf 2.4.33 and 2.4.29 and both end with the same result.
So, experts, am I screwed? Do I have an awesome looking doorstop with amazing guts or is there hope left yet? I've got a few Dead Guy Ale's left so I should have time to figure something out.

Signed,
Tired in Transylvania

Last edited:

jcl197

Reaction score
Have you tried first going into to recover and doing factory reset, then immediately going into bootloader by holding power and the volume up and down keys and then flashing the sbf file. Ive always done sbfs this way and it avoids the boot loop with the red droid eye. Its worth a shot.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just found out, try and take your SIM card and SD Card out before you flash. Worked for another D2G owner.

SSX v2.0

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Have you tried first going into to recover and doing factory reset, then immediately going into bootloader by holding power and the volume up and down keys and then flashing the sbf file. Ive always done sbfs this way and it avoids the boot loop with the red droid eye. Its worth a shot.

How exactly do I go immediately into bootloader from recovery? There of course is the reboot selection but doesn't do anything with holding down the volume keys. Still have to power down then go to bootloader from power off? Its essentially the same thing I've been doing. Rsd says it passes after 'manually power up this phone'.....just refuses to come out of the bootloop....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jcl197

Reaction score
From recovery i choose reboot system them immediatel push and hold the power button and the vol up and down keys for a min and when i let go im in bootloader. If nothings working ur phone might be bad