D2 gb faq

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We've been getting a lot of questions over the past 24-hours regarding the GB OTA. I've decided to start a FAQ with everything known regarding the GB OTA.

What is the Android version?

What is the baseband version?
BP_C_01.09.13P

What is the kernel version?
2.6.32.9-gca08d89bmvq37@zin22lnxdroid28 #1

What is the build number?
4.5.1_57_DR2-31

What is the system version?
4.5.601.A955.Verizon.en.US

Will I lose root if I accept the GB OTA?
Yes, however the GB OTA has been rooted. You will simply need to do the process again.
Pete's DROID 3 Page

Does the GB OTA unlock the bootloader?
No.

I'm not able to receive the GB OTA. What's the problem?
If you were previously rooted and removed bloatware, you need to SBF, and try again. If you were rooted, but never changed anything, or were never rooted, you should try the update later. There is a chance that the system could be bogged down as it was apparently released to all D2's at the same time.

I have a D2G. Why can't I download the update?
The current GB OTA is for the D2 only, but the D2G update should be rolling out shortly.

I have an R2D2. Why can't I download the update?
Like the D2G, it's only available for the D2 right now. There is no word on the R2D2 update.

Can I SBF back to 2.3.20 after installing the GB OTA?
Yes, it shouldn't be a problem. Once 2.3.20 is installed, you can download the OTA again.

I will continue updating as we see more questions flying in. We don't need the entire first page full of OTA questions, when chances are, they've been answered already.

Last edited:

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
looks good maybe answer the rom questions too with the ota gb.. like if kernels will stick and if u can run roms

OP
UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks good maybe answer the rom questions too with the ota gb.. like if kernels will stick and if u can run roms

Right now, it's too subjective. Some work, others don't. Some people are able to flash, and others aren't.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to put that together! Let me know if you need any help.