CyanogenMod9-Based Music App Officially Released; Coming to Android Market Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cm9music2.png
cm9music4.png

A cool new music app has been released by, Andrew Neal, that is designed specifically for Ice Cream Sandwich or phones running CyanogenMod 9. It will actually be merged into one of the newest CM9 version shortly. Luckily, for those few that have ICS on their phones, you will be able to get it before that. The app has some pretty cool features and is really focused on customization. Here's a quick rundown of just a few of the nifty reasons it stands out:
  • Custom themes (and even the default theme looks more impressive than the stock Android music app)
  • Gesture/motion controls
  • Custom notifications
  • Custom lockscreens
  • More widgets
It should be coming to CM9 builds and the Market in the coming weeks. You can find out more at the SeeingPixels source link below.

Source: AndroidPolice and SeeingPixels

Detonation

Reaction score
Meh, doesn't integrate with Google Music and doesn't have as many features/options as some of the top third party apps. At least add swipe left/right to change tracks.

doublea500

Reaction score
the customization on this is really what i like to see come from cyanogenmod. it really is "heavy" modifications.

Check out this feature- the flip to pause/play. you literally can flip your phone on the opposite side and it will pause and play. although this isnt the greatest feature its amazingly awesome and cool. 5 minutes to play with and it is fun. Im not going to use it because the chances are just too big that it will flip in my pocket or somewhere and music will play out of nowhere but it is very cool.

I also liked how they integrated the lockscreen and statusbar controls.

WyldRyce

Reaction score
Been looking forward to this. Only thing I wish is to be able to sort tracks by artist. So it's going to be a hit or a miss.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It would be really cool to see it integrate with Google Music...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Pretty sick. Only thing I'm having problems with is the Now Playing homescreen album art wallpaper. The scaling is bad and it tries to fill every homescreen which makes all the album art stretched to the point that they become pixelated

mattv111

Reaction score
Its useless to me without gm integration. All my music is on the cloud.

Check out my blog androidcrib.com