Cyanogen Mod 10.1 For RAZR HD w/ Working HDMI!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
My main annoyance is that the title here(and elsewhere) says working HDMI, when in fact none of the latest ROMs based on CM10.1 have working HDMI. Maybe on the XT925, but not on the XT926. I keep trying new ROMs, doing multiple full factory wipes, clean installs, fixed permissions, the works. No HDMI. I install a Nandroid of stock Moto ROM, HDMI instantly works...

And CM10.1 still has the USB bug, where you have to reboot the phone to be able to plug it in and work via USB for file transfers...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Squire! I agree about the ROM silliness to some degree. Though I can't speak for others, I know the reasons I've ROMed in the past are as follows:
> More speed/fluidity
> Better battery
> More built-in features that lessen amount of apps and modding I need to do

You've already noted the downsides.

With the Bionic (which I just got) I believe the tradeoffs are similar. From what I've heard, Dashclock is amazing (as are a few other 4.2.2-only apps) and wifi tether is much easier to accomplish with a ROM. I'm sure there are other advantages as well (though I haven't had a chance to do my homework yet to find out what those advantages are).

I'll need to do some reading to figure out weather or not I should be ROMing or just de-bloating

From what I have used, none of the ROM's are really any faster. The launcher used, makes the biggest difference IMHO.

When you take the stock ROM, debloat it, etc... it runs better, and EVERYTHING WORKS.

When you used a ROM, it looks nice, you gain a feature or two, but you give up things like BG Streaming, HDMI, get GPS lock issues, FC's, spontaneous reboots, no VVM, etc... And in the end, the battery life isn't really any better... few minutes give or take.

Once they figure it all out I am sure things will improve, but so far there just isn't a great ROM for this phone. It would be better if they just stuck with 4.1.2 and built from that...