Cyanogen Mod 10.1 For RAZR HD w/ Working HDMI!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Developer Dhacker has been hard at work squashing bugs on Cyanogen Mod 10.1 for various Motorola devices. Even though most developers have abandoned the series Dhacker continues to bring useful features to these phones. The biggest change that has been made in the latest build of CM10 for the RAZR HD is that HDMI is now working! You will want to head to the source link below and download this udpate.

Download Cm10 RAZR HD

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
It has come a long way indeed. Had a lot of issues last week, but most of them seem cleaned up now. Only real drawbacks is no Verizon Visual VM, BT streaming seems hit or miss, and a few other minor issues. If you don't mind those, it is excellent.

davehakey

Reaction score
Cyanogen Mod 10.1 For RAZR HD w/ Working HDMI! --- Does WiFi Tether work?

I see some are getting closer on the CM10.1 I had it on my HTC before I moved to motrola razar maxx HD xt926, does tether work.

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
Noob question here, but whats the best way to load new roms and throw all data and apps on the new rom? Titanium Backup? I am currently using RageHD...I like it alot, but want some 4.2 features and would like to load CM10.1 or another rom to mess around with. Is there an easy way to backup all the data, pics, apps, app data, etc and load a new rom and then restore the data without any issues from the new rom? Thanks in advance!

JWil

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing... There really are no "4.2 features"... It was a minor update from 4.1, not much changed. Not enough to justify all the issues that they are still having... Flashing blue graphics corruption, no Verizon VVM, wifi tethering hit or miss, BT streaming hit or miss, FC's left and right...

It is getting better, but IMHO there is nothing in 4.2 that is worth putting up with the issues these new ROMs have. The second they get the kinks worked out, I am on board 110%, but I went back to stock last week because I need my phone to WORK.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Noob question here, but whats the best way to load new roms and throw all data and apps on the new rom? Titanium Backup? I am currently using RageHD...I like it alot, but want some 4.2 features and would like to load CM10.1 or another rom to mess around with. Is there an easy way to backup all the data, pics, apps, app data, etc and load a new rom and then restore the data without any issues from the new rom? Thanks in advance!

JWil

Titanium backup or rom toolbox will do what you need.

As for the no 4.2 features comment, I would disagree. I'm on Xenon at the moment, no blue screen flicker issues and the features are very noticeable over 4.1. The kernel is being tweaked frequently but that's a good thing.

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
Here is the thing... There really are no "4.2 features"... It was a minor update from 4.1, not much changed. Not enough to justify all the issues that they are still having... Flashing blue graphics corruption, no Verizon VVM, wifi tethering hit or miss, BT streaming hit or miss, FC's left and right...

It is getting better, but IMHO there is nothing in 4.2 that is worth putting up with the issues these new ROMs have. The second they get the kinks worked out, I am on board 110%, but I went back to stock last week because I need my phone to WORK.

Well, the main reason I want 4.2 is to be able to use DashClock. :) I agree with your decision to stay away though. I have been running RageHD, which is mostly stock and i've been very happy; I have ZERO issues. I am thinking of using Xenon or something else just cause, but we'll see. Thank you for the response though.

JWil

RazorbackFan

Reaction score
Titanium backup or root toolbox will do what you need.

As for the no 4.2 features comment, I would disagree. I'm on Xenon at the moment, no blue screen flicker issues and the features are very noticeable over 4.1. The kernel is being tweaked frequently but that's a good thing.

Thanks for the reply GoCliffGo05. I've been a Titatium Backup Pro user for a few years but have never looked into their more advanced features of using the data between roms.

JWil

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
System data is not a good idea. But for all the user apps its all you need. Maybe I misunderstood. Do you want something more?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Titanium backup or rom toolbox will do what you need.

Which features, specifically? I have played with several 4.2 ROMs, and while it was cool to have a slightly different look and feel and be able to show off to my nerd friends, at the end of the day there are more missing features than new ones, and they just don't seem to work as well as the stock, rooted and debloated ROM from Motorola...

mmckaibab

Reaction score
It has come a long way indeed. Had a lot of issues last week, but most of them seem cleaned up now. Only real drawbacks is no Verizon Visual VM, BT streaming seems hit or miss, and a few other minor issues. If you don't mind those, it is excellent.

Yes, I've found the BT streaming issues. However, my major issues with all 4.2.2 ROMs I've tried so far has been the lack of audio out when in my car dock and this latest CM doesn't solve that problem.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, BT audio is still hit or miss, and HDMI is broken again on the latest nightlies... I keep trying the latest releases of this ROM and others, but the trust is that none of them work as well or as completely as the stock ROM. I like having the latest and greatest, but I don't want to give up a camera, HDMI, BT streaming, or have spontaneous reboots, just to be able to tell my friends that I have a new ROM, you know?

So back to stock again, until they get a 100% working solution.

kwest12

Reaction score
Is there a ROM you'd recommend for a no-problems experience? I too need BT music streaming, 100% working cameras and no-crashing/force closing...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a ROM you'd recommend for a no-problems experience? I too need BT music streaming, 100% working cameras and no-crashing/force closing...

I am currently messing with SlimBean, CM10.1, and LiquidSmooth. Will let you know what one works best, but so far, the only one that works 100% is stock. Everyone wants to use 4.2.2 even though the differences are minimal. You pick up a minor feature or two, but it comes at the cost of bugs, instability and missing features. I don't know what the mindset is of having the latest and greatest if it doesn't work as well as what it is replacing, but such is the nature of ROMs I guess...

kwest12

Reaction score
Thanks Squire! I agree about the ROM silliness to some degree. Though I can't speak for others, I know the reasons I've ROMed in the past are as follows:
> More speed/fluidity
> Better battery
> More built-in features that lessen amount of apps and modding I need to do

You've already noted the downsides.

With the Bionic (which I just got) I believe the tradeoffs are similar. From what I've heard, Dashclock is amazing (as are a few other 4.2.2-only apps) and wifi tether is much easier to accomplish with a ROM. I'm sure there are other advantages as well (though I haven't had a chance to do my homework yet to find out what those advantages are).

I'll need to do some reading to figure out weather or not I should be ROMing or just de-bloating