Custom Ring Tones

OnSwoll

Reaction score
Just picked up a Moto Droid a few days ago. I am coming from the Blackberry Tour (which I LOVED.) I make my own ringtones via Goldwave, attach them to an email and send them to my phone. Then normally just save it as a ringtone on my phone and I'm done. I cannot figure out how to save a sound/ringtone to my phone. Its pretty ridiculous how difficult they make certain things on this phone. Can anybody help? Thanx

korky122

Reaction score
download the app called ringdriod. it's free. makes it very easy. i bought the droid last night. it was the first app i downloaded and i figured it out in like 1min. it's great.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Can't you just create folders on the SD card called "ringtones" and "notifications" and drag and drop?

eversonsc

Reaction score
Really all you have to do is find the song you like in your music folder, long press on the song and it will give you the option of saving it as a ringtone. if you want to edit the song then use Ringdroid. It's super simple

Rynos13

Reaction score
It's very easy to do. Is your ringtone an mp3 file after ur done making it? If not then convert it. (I dunno if you have to to do this. But the ringtones I make are automatically converted to mp3 and it works.) Plug your phone into ur PC. Up top on the phone drag the notification bar down and choose to mount the phone to the PC. It will then show up as a removable disk drive. If you're running Windows Vista it should pop up automatically. Open the drive, create a folder and name it Notifications, and copy and paste your ringtones in there. All done!

ekiMnolnoD

Reaction score
Wow, VZ not charging 4 ringtones now? Almost 1 of the reasons I almost rid myself of VZ a few years back. They still owe me one, but I changed my phone, and will never see ..hear it. Not yet a "Droider" but soon I think.