Currently best custom ROM for Gnex

captdroid

Reaction score
What is the best custom 4.0.3 ROM for the Gnex right now? Some of my needs in a custom ROM.

- Pull down widgets with working flashlight widget

- fixed keep awake / sleep bug

- fixed autobrightness bug

- fixed multi-touch bug

- fast switching between networks, fast GPS lock, no real problems with any of these.

- stable and fast and everything generally just works.

- good dev support (a dev that is currently participating in their thread discussion)

Last edited:
OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
no one has an opinion currently the best custom ROM based on my needs listed? Sheez is it a big secret or something... :D

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am liking aokp... However, I am not sure it meets all of your requirements... But it might be worth checking into... The Dev is active and it runs smooth..

I had heard great things about Axiom too but with DT's absence, that is a mute point but he was active in his support and has had great ROMs (ran on the Bionic - very smooth)!

~to powerful to fall into the wrong hands~

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
I am liking aokp... However, I am not sure it meets all of your requirements... But it might be worth checking into... The Dev is active and it runs smooth..

I had heard great things about Axiom too but with DT's absence, that is a mute point but he was active in his support and has had great ROMs (ran on the Bionic - very smooth)!

Thanks... yea I can't seem to find a ROM that supports having my first requirement a flashlight widget in the pull down... oh well I will just run stock for now... I have a flashlight widget in the pull down now using Widgetsoid so it works and won't give it up. Have grown accustom to having it there :biggrin:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I hear that... But you know widgetsoid will work on a custom ROM...:D

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
But absolutely nothing wrong with stock either... :D

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks... yea I can't seem to find a ROM that supports having my first requirement a flashlight widget in the pull down... oh well I will just run stock for now... I have a flashlight widget in the pull down now using Widgetsoid so it works and won't give it up. Have grown accustom to having it there :biggrin:

Couldn't you just use Widgetsoid on a custom rom and meet all your requirement? Aokp and Codename would be at the top of my list. But I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the roms currently out there. I've installed quite a few of them and haven't found a bad one yet.

Good luck.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
I hear that... But you know widgetsoid will work on a custom ROM...:D

:D Yes of course but if I am going to the trouble of flashing a custom ROM I want to fix the issue I have with Widgetsoid pull down buttons not always being on top. :biggrin:

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Couldn't you just use Widgetsoid on a custom rom and meet all your requirement? Aokp and Codename would be at the top of my list. But I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the roms currently out there. I've installed quite a few of them and haven't found a bad one yet.

Good luck.

Sure but I am being particular on a few items I would like to have fixed/working when moving to a custom ROM. :biggrin:

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
But absolutely nothing wrong with stock either... :D

I like stock very much (rooted of course:)) I have most everything I want but there are things that can and should be improved. It's probably inevitable I will eventually move to a custom ROM once they offer what I am looking for and probably then some :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There has been several ROMs put out, that yes, I am sure your requirements will be met... Maybe not now but within a reasonable time period for sure...

~it's not just a phone~