cSIPSimple issues. Anyone else running this app?

Gangrif

Reaction score
So, i just upgraded from my old rooted, CM7 modded Incredible.

I had the world on my Inc, root, clean open source build, no funny limitations from my carrier.

I used cSIPSimple to link to our SIP gateway in the office. Later i found the built in SIP support in gingerbread and started using that.

Well native SIP support is, not suprisingly, stripped from gingerbread on the Droid 4. So i figured i'd drop back to cSIPSimple.

Configured it just as it was on my Inc, and it registers with the SIP Gateway. But calls are mute. I cant hear the person i called, nor can they hear me. The call completes, its just one-sided. Config is identical to how it was on my Inc. I even booted the Inc up to copy the settings down to make sure i wasnt forgetting something.

Is there something in the OS preventing this from working? Anyone else using cSIPSimple successfully?

Thanks!

kau

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
Gangrif

Gangrif

Reaction score
I had posted to the csipsimple users mailing list and got the answer.

It came down to my freaking bluetooth headset! Note that i used the same one on the inc. On the d4 it basically overrode the audio layer in android. With it on, or off it didnt work. I had to unpair it before csipsimple started working!

Im going to have to get cyanogen on this thing as soon as its available. This moto rom is not for me!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Lora316K

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the right place to post so please let me know if I should open my own post.

I have installed nightly version of CSipSimple 0.4-05 r1969 now I can't receive phone calls. I have tried MobileVOIP app, but that doesn't work ether. I have reduced keep alive, changed STUN servers to stun.rynga.com, changed UDP port to 5060, added G.726 (32 kbps) codec, but none of it worked. What should I do now? Thank you for your help in advance.

Send a link to one of the latest apks to your phone and install
Index of /trunk

Under settings->audio implementation -> set to OpenSL-ES
works for me with this setting

I also thought about adding the zipped xml file attached to the first post in the following thread after or if I root.
[GUIDE] How to add native android SIP stack for Wifi AND 3G calls (full instructions) - xda-developers