Creating MMS messages?

heathaa

Reaction score
Audio attached with handcent

I just downloaded handcent and tried attaching a ringtone and the app forecloses every time. Also, now that I have handcent i get 2 notifications. One from handcent and one through the old message app. Any help? I'm fairly new to this phone.

OP
aacanela73

aacanela73

Reaction score
I just downloaded handcent and tried attaching a ringtone and the app forecloses every time. Also, now that I have handcent i get 2 notifications. One from handcent and one through the old message app. Any help? I'm fairly new to this phone.
You have to go into the original messagin ap and into the settings by hitting the menu button at the bottom of the phone. Then disable the notifications. i have switched to chomp and like it better then handcent too.
you can go into handcent settings and set up how you recieve the messages and even change the led light color so you know when its a text comming in instead of an email. both chomp and handcent are pretty cool but I could never get the popup window to quit with handcent and I dont want all my text to be visable to the world if you know what i mean!! lol keep playing with it. you'll get it.

OP
aacanela73

aacanela73

Reaction score
lol I can't believe this... I love the phone, but my sons 15 dollar phone can send sound AND pics over mms - I am stunned that my droid can't.

I still love the phone, but this is silly - I have to believe it was an oversight.

Take care,
Rob
i'm hoping for the same thing and that they fix it soon. i would like to just go to the original messaging so i don't have to keep foolin around with apps until i find one that works.

heathaa

Reaction score
chompsms

I have been having problems with receiving and sending txts, today I cant send any txts out cause they just send blank messages. I updated chompsms, and did *228 option 1, and took the battery out and started the phone back up and its still sending blank messages.
The other day i couldn't receive txts and called Verizon and she just had me dial *228 and take my battery out and that seemed to fix it, but now i just cant send anything through chompsms. Any ideas on wuts goin on????