Creating live wallpapers...

zschiffman

Reaction score
Hi,

What is the easiest way to create our own live wallpaper? Or maybe there is something on the market for this (i looked a little at work):

I basically would like my wallpaper to dissolve between photos i select at a set time. Maybe have a nice effect like a ken burns effect to the pics as well?

Thoughts?

OP
Z

zschiffman

Reaction score
ok. after seeing all the code maybe its just better to ask if there is a program currently on the market that does a nice slideshow of pictures for your background?

i thought maybe making my own would be as easy as making the slideshow in final cut pro and exporting the movie to my phone and setting that somehow. lol guess not!

GolfProRM

Reaction score
ok. after seeing all the code maybe its just better to ask if there is a program currently on the market that does a nice slideshow of pictures for your background?

i thought maybe making my own would be as easy as making the slideshow in final cut pro and exporting the movie to my phone and setting that somehow. lol guess not!

There's an app called WallSwitch. You can put a bunch of pictures in a folder on your SD Card and tell WallSwitch to switch between them every so often. You can set it to an interval as short as a minute. May not be exactly what you're looking for, but it does work well.

OP
Z

zschiffman

Reaction score

There's an app called WallSwitch. You can put a bunch of pictures in a folder on your SD Card and tell WallSwitch to switch between them every so often. You can set it to an interval as short as a minute. May not be exactly what you're looking for, but it does work well.

cool, thanks...may work...more looking for something that would dissolve through pics every 10 seconds kinda thing when the screen is active, vs something that just changes the wallpaper every hour

monkeydog

Reaction score

Wallswitch has never worked correctly for me since the last time it was updated. It will switch the wallpaper maybe 3 times then it throws up the default metal background, which I never even had up to begin with, and never changes the wallpaper again.