Crappy oem tb car dock

kushmankev

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the car dock that mounts to windshield, I cleaned the surface and mounted it ,it just doesn't want to stay mounted, any other remedy other than using the 3m double sided stick pad ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to insult your intelligence with such a basic question but have you flipped the cam lock on the suction cup? It's easy to miss as it is so small. My mount is rock-solid. I think I could pull my windshield out with that suction cup...

OP
K

kushmankev

Reaction score
No I used a hammer to get it on ......of course I locked it in place ,maybe I can see an iPhone user posting a thread needing instructions on installing something so basic ,maybe my dock is flawed

_33

Reaction score
Picked up mine today. It seems pretty well made. I did have to really push that lever down to get it to hold. Had to use a lot more force than on previous suction mounts. Holds really nice though.

OP
K

kushmankev

Reaction score
I really used a hammer , jk wasn't trying to be insulting just a tad of sarcasm,I will be returning dock today hopefully new one works ,thanks

steveinil

Reaction score
mine works great but isnt the phone suposed to go into some car mode? when in the car dock? sorry just asked this question on the other tb thread before i saw this one..

OP
K

kushmankev

Reaction score
Just mounted new dock and its seems to be working out great so far, car mode should automatically appear just make sure it fits "snug" in the dock .

kmkings311

Reaction score
Same here. Solid and works fine.

For folks that are having issues w/ the phone being thrown into CAR MODE, make you the device is snug into the dock. The bottom right of the phone takes a pad of pressure for it to dock securely. And, it takes some force to remove as well...