Crackling with headphones plugged in?

contaygious

Reaction score
I get constant crackling when headphones are plugged in even when no music is playing. Is there a way to make it go away? I tried turning it down and up and it's the same thing. Also does it in the car.

Harder to notice with music playing, but still there during quiet moments.

dtsig

Reaction score
I get constant crackling when headphones are plugged in even when no music is playing. Is there a way to make it go away? I tried turning it down and up and it's the same thing. Also does it in the car.

Harder to notice with music playing, but still there during quiet moments.
Have you tried another set of phones?

OP
C

contaygious

Reaction score
No, but they are shure e6s which are pretty good and I'll buy a new phone before I buy a new pair of headphones. Is there any hope?

Last edited:
R

RETG

dtsig offered a way to troubleshoot the problem, and evidently you don't want to do it. So how can anyone help? What if you get another X and you still get static?

Borrow another pair from someone else and try them. If the other pair do the same, take the phone back to VZW. If the other pair are ok, it is your headphones. Just because they were expensive does not mean they cannot go bad.

You could have a bad wire in the headphones, you could have a bad connector in either the X or with the headphones.

If you don't want to try and find out what the problem is, then not sure how anyone can help.

OP
C

contaygious

Reaction score
thanks. I did say I get the problem when I plug into the car though. I also use my shures in many other sources like ipods and pcs fine. I'll try other headphones though to be sue but thought maybe there was something droid x specific. Is it fixable or would they replace it? I get the phone from work so I don't have a Verizon account unde my name.

Skorched

Reaction score
I had the same issue. What I did to fix mine was change the audio effects in the stock music app. My static went away after that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

contaygious

Reaction score
Thanks, it magically went away when I restarted the phone. I wonder if some background app was running causing it?