CPU usage this morning

Wow you got a good deal there! Wonder what went sour? Don't you wonder sometimes what goes berzerk in these devices that renders them unuseable?

On the wifi on all the time, someone on the Moto forum just decided to set a smart action to keep wifi off. If he wanted to connect to wifi, he just turned off the smart action.

So far so good on mine. Not doing anything ignorant. Hope I didn't just jinx it.

Wow you got a good deal there! Wonder what went sour? Don't you wonder sometimes what goes berzerk in these devices that renders them unuseable?

On the wifi on all the time, someone on the Moto forum just decided to set a smart action to keep wifi off. If he wanted to connect to wifi, he just turned off the smart action.

So far so good on mine. Not doing anything ignorant. Hope I didn't just jinx it.

Just wanted to give an update. Here is my battery today so far. But I'm surprised at the awake time.

View attachment 62012

4 hours out of 21...showing 0.1% of power. I know I had a couple days where mine was up again too and I found an app that keeps it awake after I close it. Its a stupid solitaire game. I uninstalled it, cleared the cache and reinstalled but after I open the app, the phone remains awake for a couple hours after I close it. So I figure on days when I won't have access to a charger I won't use it. I know if I watch videos or do streaming music my awake time is higher. But you are more than easily making it thru the day with over half the battery left. Looks pretty good to me. You may have an app that is doing like the solitaire game does to mine. I actually have two on here - one does not keep the phone awake at all and the other acts stupid. Are you close to your pre-JB battery time?

4 hours out of 21...showing 0.1% of power. I know I had a couple days where mine was up again too and I found an app that keeps it awake after I close it. Its a stupid solitaire game. I uninstalled it, cleared the cache and reinstalled but after I open the app, the phone remains awake for a couple hours after I close it. So I figure on days when I won't have access to a charger I won't use it. I know if I watch videos or do streaming music my awake time is higher. But you are more than easily making it thru the day with over half the battery left. Looks pretty good to me. You may have an app that is doing like the solitaire game does to mine. I actually have two on here - one does not keep the phone awake at all and the other acts stupid. Are you close to your pre-JB battery time?

I can't seem to find what app is keeping it awake. On Gsam when you touch the awake indicator it just blinks and shows nothing. Yes, I'm getting pretty close to my Pre-JB time. I'll have to look around at my apps to see if one is keeping the phone awake.

On Gsam tap the app usage line, then on the next screen, tap the little gray quarter arrow that sits kind of under the time. Choose View Time Held Awake and it will show you what is keeping it up. Usually mediaserver lol. I found my app by trial and error. I noticed any time I played the game, when I looked at the awake time it was always higher than days when I didn't bother to play it. So tested that out yesterday and yep that is the app. Now if I reboot the phone, the app won't keep it awake anymore but who wants to reboot all the time.

On Gsam tap the app usage line, then on the next screen, tap the little gray quarter arrow that sits kind of under the time. Choose View Time Held Awake and it will show you what is keeping it up. Usually mediaserver lol. I found my app by trial and error. I noticed any time I played the game, when I looked at the awake time it was always higher than days when I didn't bother to play it. So tested that out yesterday and yep that is the app. Now if I reboot the phone, the app won't keep it awake anymore but who wants to reboot all the time.

OK thanks I found it. It appears the Hotmail app has kept it awake for 2+ hrs.

I think this is a good run on my battery. But I'm going to figure out what is keeping it awake.

View attachment 62031

Yeah I think you are getting GREAT battery life again! I am at 28 hours off charger and 70% right now. So I think I can relax on the battery life on my Maxx again.

Yeah I think you are getting GREAT battery life again! I am at 28 hours off charger and 70% right now. So I think I can relax on the battery life on my Maxx again.
(
Yerah I agree. I'm letting it run down and recharge it back up one more time(battery training).

Although I looked about 15 minutes ago and I had 31% left. Now I just looked again and it had dropped to 20%. I wonder why it dropped off like that?

Although I looked about 15 minutes ago and I had 31% left. Now I just looked again and it had dropped to 20%. I wonder why it dropped off like that?

Are you rooted? I'm on my second replacement and it seems like after I root my battery drops from 30-20%. I'm beginning to think jelly bean doesn't like root. Sometimes it drops from 18 all the way to 5 then stays on 1% for about an hour. It's weird.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Are you rooted? I'm on my second replacement and it seems like after I root my battery drops from 30-20%. I'm beginning to think jelly bean doesn't like root. Sometimes it drops from 18 all the way to 5 then stays on 1% for about an hour. It's weird.

Oh yes rooted! Yeah I'm keeping track. Right now its at 14 and has been dropping by 1% intervals.

Oh yes rooted! Yeah I'm keeping track. Right now its at 14 and has been dropping by 1% intervals.

Something else I noticed is when it's charging with power off it goes from 80% straight to 100%. This tells me the meter is off but no matter how many times I do a meter training it really doesn't help.

The replacement I got the other day was fine before I rooted. I think something in the root process is messing up battery stats.

Please keep your eye on it and let me know if you see the same things.

Something else I noticed is when it's charging with power off it goes from 80% straight to 100%. This tells me the meter is off but no matter how many times I do a meter training it really doesn't help.

The replacement I got the other day was fine before I rooted. I think something in the root process is messing up battery stats.

Please keep your eye on it and let me know if you see the same things.

I will, just started charging it now. I let it down to 10%. I will post results later on the intervals.

I think I might be on to something. I turned battery saver smart action back on and it drained correctly from 30-20. Maybe we are supposed to leave that on after we root? I use smart actions for other things but I've been using juice defender for ever so I've just stuck with that. I'm gonna turn off and charge and see what happens. Will report back later.

Back