CPU overclock ability for droid x

jvmxtra

Reaction score
Original droid, someone people are able to oc'd to 1.1 or 1.2 stable(from stock 550mhz).

Droid X being already 1 Ghz.. what will be its potential to be able to oc'd to?(stable)

Does anyone have info on this already?

paul89

Reaction score
Original droid, someone people are able to oc'd to 1.1 or 1.2 stable(from stock 550mhz).

Droid X being already 1 Ghz.. what will be its potential to be able to oc'd to?(stable)

Does anyone have info on this already?
Thanks for this question as I would like to know? I would like at leasts 1.3 but not too much higher cause the phone would get too hot and eat the battery too fast!

pyro6128

Reaction score
the droid was underclocked, I don't think the X is underclocked, much like the incredible. So the 1ghz you get with that phone is where it stays. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though, but thats my understanding.

Last edited:
OP
J

jvmxtra

Reaction score
that would not be cool.. i want it to be underclock .. :-(

paul89

Reaction score
the droid was underclocked, I don't think the X is underclocked, much like the incredible. So the 1ghz you get with that phone is where it stays. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though, but thats my understanding.
Although yes the droid was underclocked, The X's cpu it better than the droids. It doesn't mean that the droid was a 1ghz cpu underclocked. So while the X's is at a normal 1ghz, you wont be able to squeeze as much out of it as you were able to on the droid. I would imagine a 1.2-1.5ghz speed it a good overclock for the X!

wingdo

Reaction score

Yes, but the Droid is underclocked from 600MHz to 550MHz. I've just moved from 1GHz to 1.2GHz with no issues, temp is a degree or two higher at most.

mcsinfl

Reaction score
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with a locked bootloader, i don't think custom overclocked kernels are possible

EgooEspada

Reaction score
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with a locked bootloader, i don't think custom overclocked kernels are possible

Thats right. It may be rotted, giving you the access to stuff like SetCPU to clock at your will, but without custom kernels, you wont get higher than 1GHz most likely.
Course, I don't see a point with this phone being so speedy and snappy already..

wingdo

Reaction score

Thats right. It may be rotted, giving you the access to stuff like SetCPU to clock at your will, but without custom kernels, you wont get higher than 1GHz most likely.
Course, I don't see a point with this phone being so speedy and snappy already..

Well my Droid was snappy and speedy when I got it, 2.1 slowed it down, 70+ apps slowed it down .......

JFDroid

Reaction score

You're wrong. The Milestone has been overclocked yet its' bootloader is locked.

JFDroid

Reaction score
This is from Howardforums.com. Winston25, one of the two guys who work(ed) for Motorola and gave us lots of advanced information on the Droid X (the other being Bill23 who changed his forum name to something with an X... like Xbernaut or something, and who says he no longer works for Motorola).

"Originally Posted by Winston25
No entirely true. The Milestone is still locked down but it has been overclocked with just root access. I tried it and it worked. I don't know how that guy figured it out, but it is impressive. You should be able to do a search and find the explanation. His method may work on other phones as well, but I haven't tested it.
I just did. I stand corrected.

Originally Posted by Tabe
Really? I read that the Milestone was OCd? And it has only been rooted... Can the X not be because it has the eFuse crap?

Natty_Lite: It has been. Apparently new parameters can be written to the kernel without actually flashing it. Seems like the only thing that people will be missing out on indefinitely, is the ability to flash new versions of the OS before they're pushed over the air. All the other hack related goodies like OC'ing, and WiFi tether appear to be in tact - Once the phone gets rooted of course

Originally Posted by ronaldheld
Thanks for that explanation, Natty_lite.

Natty_Lite: Seems my info wasn't entirely correct. The phone can be overclocked. However, it will still take some trial and error to figure just how high it can go while maintaining stability."

mike919

Reaction score
Most interesting.

I must apologize to you from pete's forum cause i went and bought an X :\ :icon_ banana:

Just remember people, the EVO 4G has been overclocked to 2.3Ghz... (correct me if i'm wrong) but i'm pretty sure i read that somewhere. So its not hard to believe we could see 2Ghz once our community works their magic.

qoncept

Reaction score
Don't the Evo, Nexus One, Incredible and X all have the same 1ghz Snapdragon CPU? Only difference in potential should be how well it's cooled.

mazz0310

Reaction score
Don't the Evo, Nexus One, Incredible and X all have the same 1ghz Snapdragon CPU? Only difference in potential should be how well it's cooled.

No, Incredible and Evo use snapdragon, X uses OMAP 3630 from TI, so they are different chips.