Couple little quirks that annoy me about the G4

kjumper187

Reaction score
1st and foremost: Ringtone and Notification sound profiles are as one. This is driving me crazy. I like to have my ringer cranked at bed in case of emergency, but have the texts and and other notifications down, so they don't wake me or the wife (or infant).

2nd: This debug popup all the time really isn't huge. Just dismiss it and carry along. Annoying at most.

3rd: I can't set my quick launch buttons (volume buttons) like the G3 let me do. They are baked in.

4th: Issue with charging on some adapters. Some work, some do not.

That's it for now. If anyone can help with these, I'd appreciate it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
And what is the "debug popup" - I haven't seen that one on mine that I recall...if it is related to a certain PC or laptop, there used to be an always recognize this device or something that you could select until you cleared all the authorizations.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I use the Persist + Volume Controls app to split all sound functions on my phone. It has profiles that make it that much better so that you aren't constantly fiddling with volume settings.

OP
kjumper187

kjumper187

Reaction score
And what is the "debug popup" - I haven't seen that one on mine that I recall...if it is related to a certain PC or laptop, there used to be an always recognize this device or something that you could select until you cleared all the authorizations.

What it seems to be is a notification that states something along the lines of "Your debug report is ready. Who do you want to send it to"

I'm yet to connect it to anything but a charger.

Next time I get it, I'll screen shot it.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My biggest pet peeve is that I don't seem to have a silent option, just ring and vibration

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
My biggest pet peeve is that I don't seem to have a silent option, just ring and vibration

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
If you tap the volume down button, you get the volume popup menu, click on the bell on the far right and select no interruptions.

I attached a screen shot...

e22b5e827b69a12b2c0e43b690c06564.jpg

~sent while mobile~

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I should also add - by selecting "no interruptions" that includes the alarm if you have one set. If you still want the alarm to sound, "priority" will allow that as well as any apps that have selected as priority to still notify you...

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
1st and foremost: Ringtone and Notification sound profiles are as one. This is driving me crazy. I like to have my ringer cranked at bed in case of emergency, but have the texts and and other notifications down, so they don't wake me or the wife (or infant).

2nd: This debug popup all the time really isn't huge. Just dismiss it and carry along. Annoying at most.

3rd: I can't set my quick launch buttons (volume buttons) like the G3 let me do. They are baked in.

4th: Issue with charging on some adapters. Some work, some do not.

That's it for now. If anyone can help with these, I'd appreciate it.
I have noticed that certain adapters dint charge as well. The verizon 5.1 output charger has this issue while the 5.0 does not seem to. I have also woke up after having a charger cable plugged in all night and the phone not charged thus my alarm doesn't go off as the phone has no charge. Also any areas that dont have great 3g 4g service ie 1 bar the phone gets very hot and the battery drains super fast.
My 3 main issues are
Power cable, battery life, mobile data/volte issues. Besides that i love the phones features.
As a side problem I am trying to find a way to block outgoing misdialed long distance numbers to canada/mexico as us is included long distance w my plan but those countries are not and they can accidentally misdialed for ld charges. Verizon says they cant block them without blocking us except your lical area code.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
If you tap the volume down button, you get the volume popup menu, click on the bell on the far right and select no interruptions.

I attached a screen shot...

e22b5e827b69a12b2c0e43b690c06564.jpg

~sent while mobile~

Funny how different carrier versions are ... TMobile version does not have anything on the volume popup, only the slider. It does have a quick setting notification toggle for interruptions though

G4'ed it!