Counting down the minutes

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Sometime between now and 3:00pm (at least according to FedEx) I will be the new owner of a Droid. My Samsung Omnia has been acting up lately and I got an early upgrade notice in the mail from VZW a couple weeks ago. Finally decided to pull the switch yesterday and placed the order. Looking forward to the Droid... not looking forward to transitioning from WinMo. I was a Palm user for years and finally switched to WinMo 3-4 years ago. Built up a nice collection of software along the way, so I'm a little bummed to be switching to the new platform. (But that's the ONLY reason). Everything else the Droid seems to offer really looks great.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning how to make my Droid work to it's fullest.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to droidforums, don't worry I've never met anyone who was dissapointed after making the switch from winmo to android.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats on being a Droid owner and a new member of this forum. Both are AWESOME!

Mike

Lyrix76

Reaction score
Hey there & gratz on your new Droid. I also switched over from my Samsung Omnia to the Motorola Droid & could not be more HAPPIER with it! The Omnia imo was by far for me anyway, one of the worst made phones ever put out by Samsung with all of the "low memory storage" issues & whatnot. Trust me when I say the Droid is definitely kick ass & that you won't regret it!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sometime between now and 3:00pm (at least according to FedEx) I will be the new owner of a Droid. My Samsung Omnia has been acting up lately and I got an early upgrade notice in the mail from VZW a couple weeks ago. Finally decided to pull the switch yesterday and placed the order. Looking forward to the Droid... not looking forward to transitioning from WinMo. I was a Palm user for years and finally switched to WinMo 3-4 years ago. Built up a nice collection of software along the way, so I'm a little bummed to be switching to the new platform. (But that's the ONLY reason). Everything else the Droid seems to offer really looks great.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning how to make my Droid work to it's fullest.

Did it get there yet? Welcome, WVOz1970! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope you enjoy your time here and weren't planning to sleep much the next couple of days!

:welcome:

OP
WVOz1970

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes!

And yes, it finally arrived! What a great piece of machinery. It's definitely taking some time to figure out how everything works. The "Getting Started" manual was less than stellar in explaining how to do stuff. Is there some other manual? I assume it's online, but there was nothing in the box other than the getting started doc and the battery docs.

I'm liking it so far. Before, I was syncing to GMail and Calendar on my Omnia and could only get my main calendar. I love that I can now see the three ical subscriptions I also use.

I've got soooo much to learn. Thankfully, a couple of close friends have Droids and they are showing me the ropes.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes!

And yes, it finally arrived! What a great piece of machinery. It's definitely taking some time to figure out how everything works. The "Getting Started" manual was less than stellar in explaining how to do stuff. Is there some other manual? I assume it's online, but there was nothing in the box other than the getting started doc and the battery docs.

I'm liking it so far. Before, I was syncing to GMail and Calendar on my Omnia and could only get my main calendar. I love that I can now see the three ical subscriptions I also use.

I've got soooo much to learn. Thankfully, a couple of close friends have Droids and they are showing me the ropes.

Not that it's much better, but here's the full user guide from Motorola:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-by-Motorola/US-EN/Documents/Static-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

elgordo123

Reaction score
I had the Winmo i760 for a few years. I "thought" it was great and almost bought an omnia. That is until I started watching the Android phones. I am so happy I got away from Winmo. The UI is so outdated and it was so hard to get to programs, etc with that stupid menu system.
Android is a whole different world and I don't regret it at all.