Could This be the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I guess I still don't get the notch complaints. It doesn't look bad to me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess I still don't get the notch complaints. It doesn't look bad to me.

I barely even notice it in my g7, I actually like how it moves all notifications up top and increases the screen size when playing games... I thought I'd hate it at first but lg has done a pretty great job... I can color it to blend in as well

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Essentials doesn't bother me. I suppose if get used to it but this one is just too over the top iPhoney...

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm so used to them it's not even noticeable to me... G7 is perfect size and even iPhone is non bothersome to me...

LG G7

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yeah the notch is big. But realistically look at how you use your phone. Speaking for myself I am looking at the lower 2/3 of my screen when using it. I find my eyes rarely going to the top where notifications are. So I can't see where I would even notice the notch. Nor would it affect my daily use.

Tap'd from my Pixel 2 XL

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just think it looks stupid all in the name of edge to edge screen?:screw it. Just give me a damn bezel.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No Pere, bezels are the devil. Didn't you know that?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Bezels are perfectly fine. Curved edge screens like on Samsung phones are pain in the ass to use. Every time you grab a phone you end up pressing something irrelevant. So annoying.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Bezels are perfectly fine. Curved edge screens like on Samsung phones are pain in the ass to use. Every time you grab a phone you end up pressing something irrelevant. So annoying.
I do agree I hate the edge on Sammy phones, it's part of the reason I haven't bought one since the note 2. I've used my ex's s7 edge and, no thanks. I'll take as close to the edge but flat with a notch any day.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Occasionally I tap something and it doesn't respond. Then I realize my hand is ever so slightly touching the screen on the side. #BringBackBezels

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I too am in the camp of bringing back perfectly flat screens with no gimmicks like notches. The biggest reason is screen protection. I miss the days where you could easily get a flat screen protector to protect your flat screen. Bezels don't bother me.

Tap'd from my Pixel 2 XL

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I would love this all be fake and they would have different phone announced... That be the best thing ever... Lol

Google prevoditelj

PH-1
I thought the same exact thing. They leaked all of these phones that will be nothing like the real release. It would be epic.

But realistically I'd say they are the real deal. With all of this focus on the XL no one seems interested in what the regular 3 will bring. Looks like that will still be a surprise.

Tap'd from my Pixel 2 XL

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I thought the same exact thing. They leaked all of these phones that will be nothing like the real release. It would be epic.

But realistically I'd say they are the real deal. With all of this focus on the XL no one seems interested in what the regular 3 will bring. Looks like that will still be a surprise.

Tap'd from my Pixel 2 XL
Yup never hear a thing about the smaller phone... It would be great to see it redesigned a bit more for this year..

PH-1