Corrupt SD Card

kastein

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to copy my files to pc....the only option I have is to mount sd card in sprecovery because it says i need to format the card.....the only pc i have is windows 7 and I not the smartest on using commands

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to connect/mount your phone to your computer with the USB cable. Once you mount your phone will appear on your PC. This is your SD card. Make a new folder on your PC and copy the SD card to that file.
Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
K

kastein

Reaction score
I have tried that.....it shows up and goes straight to a prompt to format and if I cancel it disappears

i can mount sd card through sprecovery but not enable usb mass storage

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a Mac so it has been quite some time since I've used a PC but try right clicking on the file that represents the SD card and see if that may give you the option to copy.

Mike

OP
K

kastein

Reaction score
I tried that as well......I have been at this since 5pm eastern and tried everything I can imagine.....right now I am in adb and it says building lists but it has been that way for several minutes....does that sound right and should it take that long

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've not used ADB so I can not say if the length of time is normal or not. From what I've read about ABD the commands should be fairly quick. I am sorry that I can not provide you with a solution.

Mike

OP
K

kastein

Reaction score
i think i may have gotten it....if it goes well i will post how i did it so if others have the problem it can be solved

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great! And posting the solution for others would be very beneficial.