Correct voltage and amperage of charger for the droid

diesburg

Reaction score
My battery life has sucked ever since i bought this phone. And i mean bad, less than 3 hours for sure, probably less than 2 with heavy wifi use. My phone visits the charger more than 5 times per day. This is with all roms including stock that i have ever tried. I bought the phone used so it may be a bad battery. But it also may be incorrect charger voltage/amps because when i bought the phone it came with no charger....i have several chargers laying around that came with various htc phones....they are all 5volts, 1 amp or 1000 mA.....what is the voltage and amperage on the stock/correct charger if anyone can check? Maybe im putting a little too much or too less in the phone causing the battery not to charge right.....

And on a different subject....my external speaker hasnt worked since i bought the phone....not for anything(speakerphone, music, ringing) when i looked this up, from what i found, this is a known issue for many droids....but what i didnt find is a known fix....i havent took the phone apart to see if its something easy to fix because from a youtube video i saw, it seems like a pain in the ass to take apart.....anyone know anything about this issue or how to fix it? Maybe its possible that somethings shorted and that could possibly be the cause of my horrible batterry life.....

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

rherron

Reaction score
850 camps for mine.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

rherron

Reaction score
That was supposed to say mAmps before auto correct took over.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply....so yea, my htc chargers are 250mA too much....but i wouldnt think only 250 would kill battery life as much as my battery life sucks..... i guess ill just buy a new battery and correct charger at the same time when i can

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

OP
D

diesburg

Reaction score
150 mA....lol...just read this thread again and noticed you said 850, not 750....lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk