Corporate Email Syncing

djmikey87

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just switched over to the Droid Pro (Verizon). I previously had the HTC Evo (Sprint). Although i do love the Evo, i really enjoy the keyboard that the droid pro offers as well as the droid OS. So its the best of both worlds i guess. And its a lot smaller then the Evo.
I synced my exchange email with the phone and for some reason at times it appears to not sync the email as it comes in. I know on my evo i had the option to set the mail to sync as it arrives, and on here i cant find that option although i was able to select unlimited sync.

Is anyone else having this problem or could someone help with some suggestions..?

Ive had the phone now for a day and im enjoying it very much.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just switched over to the Droid Pro (Verizon). I previously had the HTC Evo (Sprint). Although i do love the Evo, i really enjoy the keyboard that the droid pro offers as well as the droid OS. So its the best of both worlds i guess. And its a lot smaller then the Evo.
I synced my exchange email with the phone and for some reason at times it appears to not sync the email as it comes in. I know on my evo i had the option to set the mail to sync as it arrives, and on here i cant find that option although i was able to select unlimited sync.

Is anyone else having this problem or could someone help with some suggestions..?

DJ...you are not alone with a sync issue. I don't use a corporate sync, but this forum and other forums are full of complaints/issues with email sync problems with their corporate/work email. As far as I can tell, there is no fix that has satisfied everyone's issue. They did release an update last week that supposedly addressed the sync issue...but I don't think it helped. Bottomline...they know there is a problem and they are actively working on it...I suspect that there will be another update addressing this issue soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Are you syncing your corporate mail through gmail? I believe they offer that, though it may come at a price. Check on line in gmail on your settings, you may be able to do better that way then with the standard email app.

OP
D

djmikey87

Reaction score
I have my Gmail account syncing which is working perfectly. Then i have my corporate which yesterday was syncing well, now today seems like its taking a while to bring in the emails. I have double checked all the settings also.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have my Gmail account syncing which is working perfectly. Then i have my corporate which yesterday was syncing well, now today seems like its taking a while to bring in the emails. I have double checked all the settings also.

Gmail will sync according to frequency of mail received. If you don't get a great deal of mail your corporate account it will check less frequently. I just learned this the other day, and it makes sense judging from how it checks my other email accounts.

OP
D

djmikey87

Reaction score
That stinks if thats the case because at times i get a lot of emails on my exchange and others not so many. So if its going to change the frequency of the sync that isnt to great. I wish there was a way to just set it to sync as items arrive.

Ronbo19

Reaction score
I have seen a post over on the XDA forums where people have siad it was possible to use a copy of the email.apk from the original droid to sync with corporate email. I haven't tried it as of yet because I have the original droid, but I am looking for a solution for a co-worker so I may give it a shot. It will place a second email icon on the Pro, like the original, but the same thing would happen if you used Touchdown, and it's free. Anyone with better knowledge of this subject than me have an opinion as to whether it will work?

Edit: Also would I need to root his phone in order to accomplish this? Not sure I want to root someone elses $500 phone, you just never know what could go wrong.

feerlessleadr

Reaction score
I have seen a post over on the XDA forums where people have siad it was possible to use a copy of the email.apk from the original droid to sync with corporate email. I haven't tried it as of yet because I have the original droid, but I am looking for a solution for a co-worker so I may give it a shot. It will place a second email icon on the Pro, like the original, but the same thing would happen if you used Touchdown, and it's free. Anyone with better knowledge of this subject than me have an opinion as to whether it will work?

Edit: Also would I need to root his phone in order to accomplish this? Not sure I want to root someone elses $500 phone, you just never know what could go wrong.

I would suggest using the app 'Improved Email'

From what I was told hand have read, it is the droid email client ported for 2.2 installable through the market. I have installed this on my phone on the recommendation from someone on this forum and it has solved all of my corporate sync issues. I not have push email working flawlessly for my corporate email.

Improved Email - Android app on AppBrain

DroidToro

Reaction score
If you are willing to spend $20 then consider nitrodesk touchdown. They got a 30 day trial. Works great for me and well worth the money. It is much better than the stock app.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

StingRay

Reaction score
dj

the delay "bug" on corporate exchange email syncing is a known problem and Moto is supposedly working on a fix....you'll find that it is inconsistent...sometimes it will push immediately as it is supposed to, other times it will be delayed anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour, and other times it will not sync until you open the app...some days are even better than others...

it seems that the issue is with the 3G connection, but not definite...as far as using Touchdown or an older or "vanilla" email .apk, the results are pretty much the same...it does not appear that the issue is with the corporate email app but with the connection itself...

this is really the only issue I have with the Pro and I'm hoping they will work out a solution....some people have not been able to wait for the fix and have had to move to a different device..

OP
D

djmikey87

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information. I will be sure to keep checking back to see if the issue has been resolved.