copying/pasting a phone #

gavril

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a way to copy a phone # from the phone call history screen?

For example, say I call a new number (one that's not in my contacts) and I want to copy this # so I can paste it into an e-mail. Can I do this without creating a new contact file for this phone number, going into my contacts app, and copying the numbers from there?

Thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmm on the HD you can... open your dialer and it will bring up the last number you called. Click on it once and it will show up down in the part where you enter the number. Long press there and highlight all and copy. Not sure if it's the same for your phone, but maybe.

OP
G

gavril

Reaction score
On my phone, clicking quickly on a number in my call history causes the # to be dialed right away. If I hold my finger down on a number in the call history, I get several options (add to contacts, send txt, etc.), but of these options, only "add to contacts" seems to give me a text box from which to copy the # to the clipboard.

Using "add to contacts" for this seems a little bit backhanded -- shouldn't there be a built-in option for something as simple as copying a string of numbers you've dialed?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Even from the dialer? Not the call history just right in the dialer.
pa4u3a3u.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
G

gavril

Reaction score
Ah, I think I found what you mean: if I hold down on a number I've dialed (in the call history screen), then select the option "modify number before calling", the dialing screen opens and I can highlight and copy the numbers from there.

Thanks!