Convert .exe to .apk

jet351

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a way to conver a .exe file to a .apk file. Can anyone tell me how to do it either on my pc or my droid 2?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not something u can do I don't believe. What is the executable for? Most likely a game or program intended for ur windows computer? but ur phone runs a linux based system so it's going to be uncompatible. With ubuntu (linux operating system) the only way to run an exe is through a program called wine and even that doesn't run many exe's they're designed for windows computers and it's not going to be possible to run it on ur phone.

Please give me a little more info on what the exe is though

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
jet351

jet351

Reaction score
The file is for a windows client for runescape. With this client you don't need java to play it.

phrozen087

Reaction score
Yea, it isn't possible to convert a windows exe to an apk. While APKs are coded in java you just grab a windows java program and immediately make it an android apk because there are a lot of different APIs you would need to consider. I would also guess the exe you are talking about is probably a simple C++ wrapper program which is a completely different language.

tl;dr version: It can't be done.

OP
jet351

jet351

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the help anyways.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea sorry bout that exe's are windows only

cron666

Reaction score
Convert the exe? No. If there is a java client for your game, yea it can be done, maybe.

Your best bet is to setup your pc as a slave box and run it through vnc or something. There's java based vnc for serving over the web. That may be your best bet, but I make no guaruntees.

I'm pretty sure there was a little project to get eve or some MMO running on the phone, but again, I'm fairly certain they ended up using vnc to do it. I distinctly remember a youtube video.

I don't like telling people something is impossible, id rather give them all relevant knowlege so they can make an educated decision.

If you don't understand anything I said, do not persue this.

tl;dr: its gonna be a metric ****-ton of tears to make this work. Mad props if u do :)

$ent from a DeRezzed Droid2

OP
jet351

jet351

Reaction score
Convert the exe? No. If there is a java client for your game, yea it can be done, maybe.

Your best bet is to setup your pc as a slave box and run it through vnc or something. There's java based vnc for serving over the web. That may be your best bet, but I make no guaruntees.

I'm pretty sure there was a little project to get eve or some MMO running on the phone, but again, I'm fairly certain they ended up using vnc to do it. I distinctly remember a youtube video.

I don't like telling people something is impossible, id rather give them all relevant knowlege so they can make an educated decision.

If you don't understand anything I said, do not persue this.

tl;dr: its gonna be a metric ****-ton of tears to make this work. Mad props if u do :)

$ent from a DeRezzed Droid2

I've tried using vnc but I can't get my phone to connect to my computer.

TabZ

Reaction score
Vnc

I've tried using vnc but I can't get my phone to connect to my computer.
u have to have vnc server installed on ur computer to make it work
Sent from my Kyocera Muzic using DroidForums App