Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok I'm gonna throw this out to some of you more tech savvy guys ... is there an easy way to get rid of all contacts in your contact list except ones you manually add? I dont want twitter, facebook and all that other garbage, just what I ad. I never synched anything on it yet its all there..

Thanks in advance for any help guys...

I saw a problem like that with a D3, I believe. I wish I could find that thread. I'll look for it, but it was when the D3 came out.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Is there any way to merge them? I have contacts for my sister for facebook and her phone number but they are separate contacts and I would like to merge them.our at least be able to add the phone number to the Facebook one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Ok I'm gonna throw this out to some of you more tech savvy guys ... is there an easy way to get rid of all contacts in your contact list except ones you manually add? I dont want twitter, facebook and all that other garbage, just what I ad. I never synched anything on it yet its all there..

Thanks in advance for any help guys...

Mine did the same thing when I started the phone for the first time. If you go to Contacts, then Menu, then Display options, you can choose which networks you want to pull contacts from. If you disable all of them except google it will only show the contacts in your gmail, which is what I wanted and I assume you want too.

Andy

Mine did the same thing when I started the phone for the first time. If you go to Contacts, then Menu, then Display options, you can choose which networks you want to pull contacts from. If you disable all of them except google it will only show the contacts in your gmail, which is what I wanted and I assume you want too.

Andy

Thanks Andy! I appreciate the the help!

Is there any way to merge them? I have contacts for my sister for facebook and her phone number but they are separate contacts and I would like to merge them.our at least be able to add the phone number to the Facebook one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

in contacts, select the contact you wish to merge. Either one of the duplicates, and then select edit contacts, hit the menu button and select join. It usually provides accurate suggestions to select. If not just search for the one you would like to merge it to. Very easy. If enough of the information matches up, your phone should do it automatically for alot of contacts.

in contacts, select the contact you wish to merge. Either one of the duplicates, and then select edit contacts, hit the menu button and select join. It usually provides accurate suggestions to select. If not just search for the one you would like to merge it to. Very easy. If enough of the information matches up, your phone should do it automatically for alot of contacts.
Thank you. I don't know why I didn't see this until now.

Back