Contacts? Not there, or are they?

FinanceJunkee

Reaction score
I have a peculiar issue.

I recently switched my Droid A855 for a new one under warranty. I kept the same SIM card and activated my phone using my prior Gmail account.

Only 30 contacts(out of about an original 200) appeared when all syncing was completed with the new phone. However, whenever someone calls me, whom is not one of the thirty people in my contact list, their name DOES appear on screen for the incoming call.

When I enter one of the original 200 non-listed contact's phone numbers and hit send, my phone immediately recognizes and lists the contact's name.

I checked my online Gmail account and only the 30 are listed.

What is the problem? Where did my contacts go? Is there a way to access another file where the contacts are hidden?

reece1981

Reaction score
i also did a similar swicth...and i have the exact same problem and i have been trying to figure it out for a few days now..i might go to a verizon store and ask for help.

harrellj

Reaction score
If you're on the original Droid, go to the contacts app > menu > display options. Make sure the appropriate group(s) for you contacts are set to display.

OP
F

FinanceJunkee

Reaction score
My Gmail account that contains the 30 contacts is set to display and that is the only account. That is not the problem.

Does no one have an answer?

harrellj

Reaction score
When you looked at the display options, did you expand your gmail account? Your contacts can be grouped under different tags (friends/family/starred in android/etc). The fact that your missing contacts are still showing up for incoming calls is what is making me think it is a display problem.

Or another question, when you looked at your contacts in the Gmail website, were you just in the default "my contacts" group or did you check the other groups?