Contacts Force Close Issue

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every time I try to view a specific contact's details, it forces closed and says my contacts has stopped working. Anyone have a fix to this?

anuraj1

Reaction score
I have this exact issue all of a sudden. Haven't changed anything. I am going to try to restore a previous backup. This is so annoying.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure but this is annoying. Samsung might have a new customer if this keeps up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

CErickson

Reaction score
Mine's been doing it since I got it, after looking at a few contacts I need to force close. Also I'm not sync/connected to Facebook on this phone.

foamman

Reaction score
If you have the ICS version of Google+ installed you just found the problem. Uninstall and get the market version.

anuraj1

Reaction score
If you have the ICS version of Google+ installed you just found the problem. Uninstall and get the market version.

That fixed it, thanks so much!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup, I was having the same issue and the culprit was ICS G+ hopefully full compatability comes soon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

buellboy9

Reaction score
Afraid the ICS solution doesn't apply to me. I have the Google+ from the market. I "disconnected" Facebook so my Facebook contacts no longer show up in the contacts listing. Doesn't matter... it still force closes if I select a contact.

Also, if I try to change the Viewing options, same thing... Force Close. This is aggravating... how am I supposed to dial my contacts?? Memorize all of their phone numbers???

foamman

Reaction score
Afraid the ICS solution doesn't apply to me. I have the Google+ from the market. I "disconnected" Facebook so my Facebook contacts no longer show up in the contacts listing. Doesn't matter... it still force closes if I select a contact.

Also, if I try to change the Viewing options, same thing... Force Close. This is aggravating... how am I supposed to dial my contacts?? Memorize all of their phone numbers???

Are you stock or running a rom? What rom and version #? What is the revision number on g+?

buellboy9

Reaction score
Are you stock or running a rom? What rom and version #? What is the revision number on g+?

Stock ROM, rooted. Google+ appears to be 1.0.8. I also have a TiBu backup of 1.0.7, but nothing earlier.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Have you tried Manage Applications/All/Contacts/Clear Data. I've never done this with Contacts as I've never had an issue with that app but it has worked wonders on other system apps (Gmail, Market, etc.).

Good luck.