Contact Widgets Problem - Wrong Picture

ripsting

Reaction score
I'd like to add contact widgets to my home screen, but they're being added with the wrong photos. For example, my wife comes up with my dad's picture. It's disturbing. Other than that, the contact information is correct.

I add them by going Home Screen->Shortcuts->Contact

I also added Launcher Pro and tried using the People widget the comes with it. It has a different strange behavior. Only one out of every 10 contacts has a picture and the rest of the contacts have the generic silhouette icon.

If I just go into my contacts list in the dialer app, the pictures are associated with the correct people and they're all there.

What is going on here?

OP
R

ripsting

Reaction score
I read that the missing contact pictures was due to Facebook. I uninstalled the Facebook app, and removed the Blur Facebook account. When I rebooted the phone the contact pictures were back in the People widget. However, the contact shortcuts still display the incorrect photo.

Until the contact shortcut issue is resolved I'm using the free "Contact Widget" by Ricardo Lecheta from the marketplace.

It's really too bad that Facebook integration breaks your existing contacts :icon_rolleyes:

grandeson

Reaction score
Me too

Just went from Droid to Droid 2. Exact same thing, when making a shortcut on home screen, if i hold homescreen, choose shortcut then contact, the shortcut pic of the icon is all wrong or just the standard silhouette. It seems it happens with contacts I had from my original droid account, new contacts seem to be Ok. Also, if i go homescreen, "motorola widgets" then use quick contact, it works fine. Problem with that one, is the pic is so big and I cant organize them in a folder, which makes it useless, since I need to organize different work colleagues in seperate folders. ANy info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Grandeson