Contact Pictures

pokeyyy

Reaction score
I just got the Droid RAZR a few days ago. Everything was fine, had no problems with contact pictures on my text apps.
Then my friend who works at Verizon updated it. Now I'm having a few cosmetic problems.

On the text threads, I am unable to display a contact picture for myself. I made a contact for myself and my phone is synced to facebook, but it's still not showing. It's not a big deal, but it bugs me to see the gray avatar displayed.

I also tried the GO SMS Pro App, and that was working fine, but now my FB contacts that are synced wont display on that app.

So basically, how can I fill in all the gray boxes on the texting apps?!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
For Go SMS did you check the box in the settings to display FB pictures as the contact photos? Settings>Advanced>It is under there.

Wongway

Reaction score
There's a wierd bug out there with 3rd party sms apps.

For some strange reason, (this problem has shown up ever since the early ICS roms were available) the API which allows Google to access/share Facebook photos for contact pictures was either changed, or locked in a different way.

The stock text messaging app shows all photos appropriately, so I know that a fix is out there or available, but the 3rd party apps like Handcent or GoSMS can't seem to get a hold of it. I've seen a fix for HTC phones, but that seems to require root. I would prefer a non root fix, but I haven't found one of those yet.

bikoe2

Reaction score
Go to your contacts aka "people" and scroll all the way to the top. You should see a contact for "ME". That is where you need to add in the picture for yourself. I had the same issue and it was bugging me.

BKApple

Reaction score
Go to your contacts aka "people" and scroll all the way to the top. You should see a contact for "ME". That is where you need to add in the picture for yourself. I had the same issue and it was bugging me.
Thanks! I had the same issue and this worked.