Constantly Re-Adjusts to Max Volume

marii

Reaction score
This is my second Droid 2. And my 5th defective Verizon phone in 8 months. This one has a ringer volume problem. I remember out of the box, during set up, the phone adjusted it's own volume and the beep sounded. The dialogue box went away. Three days later the phone begins to adjust it's own volume, the volume adjustment dialogue box stayed almost permanently on the screen while the beep kept coming out the back speaker. This problem meant I couldn't silence my phone unless I used the lock screen. When the screen was off, the beep didn't sound but as soon as I unlocked the screen the ringer volume box was permanently fixed on the screen. If I use the volume rocker or any volume control apps the phone automatically adjusted the volume to the max setting. The problem went away for about a month and I thought the phone was fixed. But it started again a week ago. The dialogue causes my phone to run slower and mess up the touch screen capabilities. (the phone would freeze the screen, restart itself and hold down keys/selections longer than normal) The volume adjustment will make it hard to turn off the screen as it just turns back on constantly! It's not a problem with the physical volume rocker, I think it's a software problem. I've restored the phone about 5 times to no avail. My phone also doesn't ring when calls come in especially on the charger. Please help because my battery is getting massacred and it's become impossible to use the phone in public. My phone is stock and up to date.

skifreak

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem on my Droid X. Must be some kind of fix!