constantly dropping international roaming phone service

Orange14

Reaction score
My wife and I are currently in Italy with or two incredible 2 phones. We had no problem in Rome as the phones shifted between 3G and wireless easily. however, once e got to Florence the phone and 3G service constantly drops out and one has to do a shutdown and fresh start to bring service back (restart does not work). Vodaphone is the carrier over here. Have any other users experienced this? is it just an annoyance or some network or software glitch? thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been addressed as its hard to search the forum on the phone (wireless is great over here, all restaurants and hotels have it).

OP
O

Orange14

Reaction score
FWIW, I found out that this only appears to be a problem in Florence. We went to Siena today and the phone held the phone and data roaming signal the entire time only dropping it when we got back to Florence. perhaps Vodaphone just has put signal transmission within the city.

sonyjohn

Reaction score
International Roaming

Hello everyone

It was an unexpected journey for me to canada while i was not prepared enough even i was not googled enough how to make a roaming abroad with my local sim.Then my friend from Russia had advised me to do buy the xxsim from canada,while he was using the same in russia to call china @ .25 euro per Hope you all are enjoying roaming in European union.I need to say something about a service provider who provides Call from EU to EU phone at {0.19} UR/min.It name is xxsim anyone feels better than that pls make a comment..

Sony

sonyjohn

Reaction score
XXSIM (or XX SIM) is a global roaming SIM card-based service provided by Shaston AG that provides coverage in over 137 countries with the recent addition of Ukraine, Thailand, Mexico, and Kuwait. Like a few other global roaming SIM cards, XXSIM provides free incoming calls worldwide with roaming capabilities extending even to countries that do not necessarily appear within its coverage area.

XXSIM's data services are compatible on both 2G and 3G networks in the standard frequency bands with no minimal charge in most countries. The company also offers outgoing calls at a rate it claims are 85% cheaper than major European Union network operators. The XXSIM is currently the only international SIM with an "in-network mobile to mobile" solution; calls to someone else on the XXSIM network are billed at a €0.19 rate regardless of the position of the other XXSIM. XXSIM also offers a free additional national landline number in Germany, USA, UK, and Switzerland to help lower costs for calls to landlines. Free calls and messages to any XXSIM user are also available via the XXSIM website.

sonyjohn

Reaction score
Roaming Charges

Hello everyone

It was an unexpected journey for me to canada while i was not prepared enough even i was not googled enough how to make a roaming abroad with my local sim.Then my friend from Russia had advised me to do buy the xxsim from canada,while he was using the same in russia to call china @ .25 euro per Hope you all are enjoying roaming in European union.I need to say something about a service provider who provides Call from EU to EU phone at {0.19} UR/min.It name is xxsim anyone feels better than that pls make a comment..

XXSIM provides telecommunications services to thousands of people around the world through various strategic partnerships with more than 650 global networks in more 190 countries. XXSIM the card can be used in any standard GSM phone, smartphone or broadband modem. XXSIM customers use their mobile phones all over the world for a fraction of the usual price. In addition to offering the most cost effective way for voice, SMS and data downloading abroad XXSIM offers other features as follows:
Value: You get free calls abroad in most countries or price without competition when you make a call from abroad, sending text messages or access the Internet from anywhere in the world. The XXSIM service works in over 190 countries. XXSIM also offers special solutions tailored to customer needs (micro SIM, Corporate Account).

Sony