Constant Voice Mail Icon

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Since yesterday, I have seen a voice mail reminder icon in which calling VM does not remove. VM tells me "there are no messages" during VM check. It updates the time of phantom VM when I have rebooted phone.

I have also noted in the past month that some sounds are weak in a random and intermittent manner. Random = affects various notifications including email, text, and ringtone and in time of day/duration of malfunction. Intermittent = in that I cannot see any pattern/nothing specific that relates to the weak sounds. BTW, I have checked the obvious volume controls and notification settings.

Anybody else have this? I will be following this up with Verizon, but I guess it won't help a lot.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i had the same voice mail reminder for a couple of months, but no new voice mail. then i deleted google voice cause i was tired of it. this gave me access to verizon voice mail, where in fact i did have a new voice mail from two months ago. once i deleted the voice mail the icon went away.

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score

OK, thanks for reply and info. It may not be the same issue as yours then. I have not used Google voice for a while, but I checked into seeing if anything showed up under the Google voice mail. None. I do not like to think that my TB has a new problem.

gary73

Reaction score
Can't get rid of mine too

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

GotnFX

Reaction score
1. Delete all saved messages
2. Going go to option 4 of VM and turn off notification and exit of VM
3. Turnoff your phone
4. Go back into VM n turn notification back on
I used a landline for step 4, and I am not sure if it will work if u turn your phone back on and turned on notification through the cell phone.
On a landline call your cell # and hit # to get to your voicemail.

Hope this helps. Had this problem on my O Droid

gary73

Reaction score
Thanks it worked

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Blacksheep427

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Temporary Fix...

I had to call customer service for my solution; I cannot guarantee how long it will last either. My voice mail does not offer the message notification option within the voice mail automated prompts, period. This is via either cell or land line. And the tech at VZW CS commented that on mine it is missing. He did remove something and replace it on his end and that removed the phantom icon.

Problem is my TB is showing other errors that may require replacement. (besides the random reboots, which mine is guilty of about 8x thus far) The other errors include it not charging at times until/unless I plug/unplug charger into phone several times. The other issue is indicating improper numbers contrary to the dialed number. For instance, while talking to tech support via land line about the voice mail icon, I tried to speed dial voice mail, that displayed a "W" and then dialing 4 showed a #. It did fix itself after I locked then unlocked the phone. The tech and I agreed to give it another day or so before I request the replacement. And, I also forgot, sometimes my notification/ringtone sounds are weak, intermittent without me changing volume or other settings.

I do hope they are working quick on the OTA fix.

Last edited:

Jamey Pennington

Reaction score
Just fixed mine. I was using Google Voice and saw the icon pop up for my Verizon vm. Everytime I dialed *86 or my phone number to access my vm I kept getting my Google vm box. I ended up deactivating my phone on the Google Voice web site and then was able to access my Verizon vm with *86. Somehow a message was left there instead of Google. Hope this helps....

helacastet

Reaction score
You need to leave a voicemail to yourself from another phone. Then delete it. It works