Conspiracy Theory

suliman

Reaction score
i wonder if google deliberately hasnt released any info as to a release date or much up til now in regards to the GN because they really want people to buy the razr considering that they did acquire Motorola Mobility didnt they? hmm?

but really my question is why they chose samsung to develop the nexus rather than motorola?

jcardona1

Reaction score
Google isn't selling the phone, Verizon is. The release date has nothing to do with Google or Samsung.

-iD

Reaction score
Look at the timing. While Google has agreed to buy moto mobile I'm not sure the deal is closed yet. The gsn development and accompanying agreements with Samsung had to have been in place long before the moto deal was announced.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google has stated that they were given a time frame of release by Verizon. They met that timeframe. Now it is up to Verizon on deciding when to release the device. They also stated that it is the Carriers responsibility to release the phone. Meaning, Verizon is the one holding the phone up for anytime after November 17th

True story.

Sent from my Droid

leftspin

Reaction score
also, although Google has purchased Motorola Mobility (or is in the process of doing so), they have stated numerous times that the two companies are still separate.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
i wonder if google deliberately hasnt released any info as to a release date or much up til now in regards to the GN because they really want people to buy the razr considering that they did acquire Motorola Mobility didnt they? hmm?

but really my question is why they chose samsung to develop the nexus rather than motorola?

Really? Come on man...

OP
S

suliman

Reaction score
lol i should have wrote just for fun at the end of the title. seriously didnt mean the first part of my post to be taken seriously. even still im sure google had plans to aquire moto long before GN was announced. or am i being too presumptuous?

leftspin

Reaction score
lol i should have wrote just for fun at the end of the title. seriously didnt mean the first part of my post to be taken seriously. even still im sure google had plans to aquire moto long before GN was announced. or am i being too presumptuous?

I'm sure they did, I can't imagine that purchasing a 12.5 billion dollar company was something Larry Page just woke up one day and decided to do for fun. But Eric Schmidt has said quite a few times that they are remaining separate, so it's not surprising that Google isn't using Moto to monopolize Android/ICS

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The acquisition was less about Google acquiring Motorola and more about obtaining their patents to fight off the onslaught of Apple and Microsoft.