Consistently Low Signal Strength

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
More then likely it is a problem with the tower

Well, I have an update for you all. VZW looked into this quickly and said that there is a problem with the tower that's been known for "some time". They said the tower is listed as "trending", meaning that its signal can fluctuate quite a bit since it's in a "problem area". I'm not sure what's problematic about my area, as I don't live in a giant hole or the middle of the ocean.

What really gets me is that they acknowledged the problem, and after inquiring about what was being done about it, they said "At this time, there are no plans to work on this tower." So, either that means there will be maintenance on it one day, or I may be SOL.

Either way, I have a tough decision now. I love the Droid for everything it is, minus my poor call quality from home. Unfortunately, that could be the one and only dealbreaker unless I get some better answers.

What are your thoughts? Is there any hope for me?

I find that to be a totally unacceptable answer. Escalate it. Tell them where you stand on it.

I don't see Verizon allowing an entire area to have a bad tower with "no plans" to fix it. Keep pushing. PIA for sure, but you're in a contract with them. They owe it to you.