Considering the SGS3, does it have all the standard ICS features?

deputc26

Reaction score
Particularly I'm interested in app-freezing for all of vzws bloatware. Also id like to know how fast the chrome browser runs on it, anyone done a sunspider or browsermark run on the sgs3 recently?

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Very happy with the s3, it allows you to disable most vzw apps. i think there were two that i was unable to disable. Chrome runs very smooth, I use it as the default and have stock browser disabled.

OP
deputc26

deputc26

Reaction score
Awesome thanks, I can probably handle two pieces of bloatware, played with it today and was really impressed by how it actually felt smaller in my hand than my D3 despite having a much larger screen, I really love the design and have no idea why it's been panned by critics.

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I came from the Droid 2 Global and tho this is a much larger screen, it is a much smaller phone. The D2G feels so bulky now when I pick it up.

ambrown

Reaction score
I really liked how the S3 handled multitasking with the long press on the home button as opposed to the menu button on stock ICS. When I stopped to play with it the other day at the verizon store it felt better than the Galaxy Nexus stock ICS experience, just a little more intuitive, to me anyway. The screen is awesome too! If money wasn't a factor that would be my next phone, but Best Buy has the Galaxy Nexus on sale for free right now and when my upgrade comes up next month thats likely where I'll go. I really like the S3 though! It's a nice piece of hardware!

I don't know what critics you've read, but the folks over at cnet.com gave the S3 pretty high praise.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm not aware of any standard ICS feature that the S3 lacks.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The s3 has ics plus some features.. I was checking it out again...and the swipe left to text, right to call, from the contacts menu is pretty cool... I like it

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The s3 has ics plus some features.. I was checking it out again...and the swipe left to text, right to call, from the contacts menu is pretty cool... I like it

If you have it enabled in the motion settings, when a contact is open, you can also just hold the phone up to your ear and it will automatically call the person. No swiping necessary. :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you have it enabled in the motion settings, when a contact is open, you can also just hold the phone up to your ear and it will automatically call the person. No swiping necessary. :)

That i didn't know :)