Considering returning my Droid

thehotcops

Reaction score
Purchased it a few days ago, everything works fine except:

• It started making a bunch of weird crackly noises for about 30 seconds, then rebooted by itself.
  • Since then, a few applications keep having to force close fairly often (lots of "[app name] is not responding" messages).
Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Purchased it a few days ago, everything works fine except:

• It started making a bunch of weird crackly noises for about 30 seconds, then rebooted by itself.
  • Since then, a few applications keep having to force close fairly often (lots of "[app name] is not responding" messages).
Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this?

exchange it for a new one... shouldn't have a problem doing so

OP
thehotcops

thehotcops

Reaction score
Really? They won't make me demonstrate the problem or anything? Because while it happens frequently, I don't think I could get it to crash on command.

eversonsc

Reaction score
With a new phone with new software there are bound to be problems. I'm sure all the bugs will be fixed with an update. I'm patient. If your phone is having those problems you can swap yours out with no problem at the verizon store. I had to return mine due to the rebooting and the new one has been working just fine

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really? They won't make me demonstrate the problem or anything? Because while it happens frequently, I don't think I could get it to crash on command.

They may ask you a few questions but basically just tell them what you told us. That is started crackling and then rebooted itself.