Connected to multimedia station

evil_O

Reaction score
Just woke up (0400 hours) and took a look at my Droid. It was not plugged in but in the message bar I had two icons. One for a new email and the other I did not recognize.

The icon looks a bit like a mini TV. So, open up the message bar and under the icon it says, "Connected to multimedia station" and under that, "Select to open launcher."

When I do this however, the screen flashes, the display turns sideways, and it reverts back to the home screen. It caused Home ++ to force close one time, and on another I caught a VERY quick message about motorola something or other not responding.

The icon has not gone away and it still appears as though I could launch this thing, but it is hanging up somewhere....

Does anyone know what this is????:icon_eek:

TIA

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Im guessing your DROID thinks its connected the the multimedia dock. Do you have it charging on a dock?

Wagner :motdroidvert:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a magnet close to the back of your phone? This is the only thing that will make the multimedia station program launch...

OP
evil_O

evil_O

Reaction score
....well after some reading I may have discovered my owen issue.

I had it sitting on top of my Macbook.... this may have tricked it into thinking it was in a docking station. Soooo never mind. Moderators feel free to delete this thread. Sorry.

Tony07737

Reaction score
I noticed this myself and didn't even know what it was. But I have a belt hooked wallet for the Droid that closes with a magnet so I suppose that is what triggers it on my Droid.
Is there any harm that might be caused by using a magnet closure wallet like this for the Droid?
:motdroidhoriz:

Scribble

Reaction score
I noticed this myself and didn't even know what it was. But I have a belt hooked wallet for the Droid that closes with a magnet so I suppose that is what triggers it on my Droid.
Is there any harm that might be caused by using a magnet closure wallet like this for the Droid?
:motdroidhoriz:

It might cause your droid to "wake up" and drain the battery.

swallman

Reaction score
I'm suddenly having this exact same problem. The phone is not near a magnet (maybe it was earlier?) Anyone know how I can get it turned off (short of rebooting the phone) ?

chaseyville

Reaction score
help

I have the magnet case as well and it does open the launcher which I don't even know what it is... how do I close it and get rid of the launcher???

Tegamal

Reaction score
If there is a magnet nearby, it could launch either the media dock mode or car mode.

Unfortunately, I don't believe this can be disabled.

starstone129

Reaction score
No need to reboot. Just run a magnet past your phone, this will clear it. :reddroid:
Same thing that caused it will cure it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If there is a magnet nearby, it could launch either the media dock mode or car mode.

Unfortunately, I don't believe this can be disabled.

You can disable it with the app Dock Blocker. You can find out more about it at Dock Blocker v1.2.1 Application for Android | Tools

I originally used the same holster I had with my last phone (Voyager), but since it had a magnet, it went into Car Dock. I found out what was causing it and got one with velcro from Verizon that was designed with this in mind. I have since got an extended battery made by Seidio and had to get a new holster. This one is also by Seidio, but it has magnets. They are fortunately far away from the sensor in the Droid.

PopMuzik

Reaction score
Just my experience... If you face the screen toward the magnet closure of your phone holster, this might reduce the chance that it turns your Droid on, depending how strong your magnet is. The polarity of the magnet will determine whether it goes into dock mode, or car mode. WalMart has a horizontal style holster with velcro closure that doesn't affect the Droid in any way. It's $10.

Pop

thread

Reaction score
I use an app called Dock Nothingness and it serves its purpose beautifully. I will launch a clock/widget app when I want one, thank you, android. Wouldn't it be nice if the OS had an option to prevent this?

Oh, and this app is free.

toyfrog00

Reaction score
I had the same problem but I didnt have it by any magnets or anything. I bought the $.99 dock blocker app, and it didnt do anything. I then downloaded the free dock nothingness app, turned the phone off, and then back on, and the multimedia message was gone so i guess everything worked well!