Compatible chargers...

Cryanh

Reaction score
I just bought my droid x2 but my last phone was an lg dare. I still have my lg car charger, which has the same hook up as the x2. Can I charge my x2 with this charger or is that a bad idea? A verizon salesman told me not to but I thought he might just want me to buy a new one. Any help?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Yes you can still use the same charger, however there's two things you usually need to watch out for:
  1. Sometimes even though the plugs they use are the same, it could have a little extra plastic on the end that prevents the plug from 'locking' into the phone. This makes it really easy for the USB cord to fall out of your phone (I have some generic eBay car chargers that are like this, that eventually made me just go buy one from Verizon themselves for $30 :mad:
  2. If you use an unofficial charger, you might notice that your touchscreen will become erratic in behavior when its plugged in. It'll start freaking out, scrolling on its own etc. This wont damage your phone, it's just really annoying when your trying to use it. It's because the unofficial wall plug/cable might not have the correct amount of EMI shielding around it.
Thats it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just bought my droid x2 but my last phone was an lg dare. I still have my lg car charger, which has the same hook up as the x2. Can I charge my x2 with this charger or is that a bad idea? A verizon salesman told me not to but I thought he might just want me to buy a new one. Any help?

As already stated, it may or may not work for you. However, Motorola did officially announce recently that only Motorola branded charger and cables should be used with their phones.

Good luck.

OP
C

Cryanh

Reaction score
I'm going to try it before I go buy a new one. Thanks guys.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
As already stated, it may or may not work for you. However, Motorola did officially announce recently that only Motorola branded charger and cables should be used with their phones.

Good luck.

I think this is because the Bionic actually only takes official Motorola branded cables and chargers...it will refuse to charge without them. There were some people angry at this over on the official Motorola forums when the phone was released.