Compass not working.

BadWolf

Reaction score
Google sky map, Google street view (compass mode) aren't working properly. I tried the compass calibrations in GPS Status and a couple Compass apps. None seem to work. Anyone else have this problem?

MontanaTom

Reaction score
Yes, same problems here, and I've tried three different Razr phones from Verizon and none of them work, and even the latest software update last week didn't fix it either! Nothing drives me crazy more than people putting crap on the market before they test it. I have until Jan 14th to take the Razr back and get my Thunderbolt back (which worked) so I hope they fix it by then. They've known about it for several months in fact they had a similar problem last year with some other phones I guess, but apparently not enough people are complaining about this to get it fixed. Even the Bionic has serious issues working in 3G markets, but they haven't fixed that yet either so I guess quality contol is optional or something!

remeikle

Reaction score
Same problem here. My droid x worked great for google sky maps compass functions. What has gone wrong with razor? However, normal compass applications seem to work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

theal2000

Reaction score
Don't know that the compass ever worked on my first RAZR. Got another one which worked fine until recently, noticed today it's dead just like me first RAZR.:frown: I assumed this was a hardware issue, or does someone know otherwise?

Artimis

Reaction score
I had compass issues when I fired up google sky map the other night.....but then I did the figure 8 calibration technique and it worked like a charm.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, wave the phone around in a giant figure eight pattern a few times and it will re-calibrate the compass.........people will look at you funny but it will work :)

theal2000

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it compass "issues". There is only one issue, it doesn't work. Always points North. No amount of calibration makes it do anything but point North. As long as you are facing North, it works great.

rbw62

Reaction score
Just don't face south, guess its a Yankee phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Digitalastro

Reaction score
My GNex compass was locked up too. Calibration wave didn't work or turning the power off then back on. I pulled out the battery, counter to ten, and reinstalled the battery. Works now....

theal2000

Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't pull the battery on the RAZR. But I did the factory reset and still nothing. I think there's just a crappy magnometer in these RAZR's or something.