company voicemail file via email won't play

lhfarm

Reaction score
I receive my company voice mail via an attached wav file that won't plan on the Droid. This is a deal breaker for me. I've been searching everywhere for a solution.

Any app suggestions or possilbe fixes greatly appreicated.

mabell007bam

Reaction score
.wav file in email from voicemail

I too am looking for a solution, MagicJack sends email with an embedded .wav file, as does my corporate voicemail, not Avaya, but another VOIP provider. For my treo 700P I purchased mvisualvoicemail from motionapps.com played .wav files much like verizon's subscription service. perhaps youmail would be a fix, but am not sure. anyone?

OP
L

lhfarm

Reaction score
Let me guess you have an Avaya voice mail system?
Don't think so, but don't know/care. Just want to be able to hear messages. Is this an Android issue? Other forums where I should post?

Thanks,
Barry

OP
L

lhfarm

Reaction score
Has anyone found a fix for this? I don't see it the Dec 11 / Jan 22 release list and I've not found/heard of a replacement app.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Barry

tritop15

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with not able to open WAV file from my email for voicemail. I have youmail as voicemail for personal use but that has nothing to do with retrieving WAV file and listening it from email. I can listen and open MP3 easily but have issues with WAV file. If anyone has a solution for this please help. I downloaded many apps that supposedly plays WAV file but it still doesnt play. Still have the message of "this attachment cannot be display". I took it to a VZW store and they still couldnt help me.

tritop15

Reaction score
That worked perfefctly! Thanks for finding a solution and the work around on this matter. I was hoping we didnt have to go through this process just to listen to our work voicemail. Hopefully they will fix this on the next firmware update. Thanks again for the information!

teslacoil

Reaction score
Remote Wave works for Avaya Modular Messaging (at least for me)

Bought it for a system that uses Avaya's Modular Messaging, and the app isn't pretty, but it does the job. $1.98 saved me a bunch of headaches. Hope the interface gets better.