com.motorola.messaging Stopped working?

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Has anybody got this? I noticed that when I received texts that I didn't hear a ringtone. So I went into the settings in the stock messaging app and tried to change the ringtone and got that error. Then the app completely shuts down. Running on ICS the latest build.

OP
rochaeliseo

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Got it fixed. Turning the phone off and on didn't work but then I remembered the battery pull and that seemed to work. It feels like .211 is less stable than. 210.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You should go into manage apps, all, scroll down to it and clear data and force close it... yes a reboot did the trick... but this is probably a little more long term.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
rochaeliseo

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
I tried finding that in my app management but it wasn't there. The problem started coming back.

Rhonda Vaughn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto e supra
Has anybody got this? I noticed that when I received texts that I didn't hear a ringtone. So I went into the settings in the stock messaging app and tried to change the ringtone and got that error. Then the app completely shuts down. Running on ICS the latest build.
The messaging app has recently stopped working correctly on my phone also. 5 It sayscategories have been deleted. I have not a clue what that means. When I try to send a message it takes a long time to send if it does at all. Not sure if it's being received. I have sent to myself and then they take a long time sending and receiving.

Rhonda Vaughn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto e supra
You should go into manage apps, all, scroll down to it and clear data and force close it... yes a reboot did the trick... but this is probably a little more long term.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The messaging app has recently stopped working correctly on my phone also. 5 It sayscategories have been deleted. I have not a clue what that means. When I try to send a message it takes a long time to send if it does at all. Not sure if it's being received. I have sent to myself and then they take a long time sending and receiving.
Welcome to the Forum. . Which phone do you have? The thread you quoted is a very old thread from 2012 for the Droid Razr, so the users that were posting here back then have probably moved on long ago.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk