Cm9 ics bionic rom update

oDECREEx

Reaction score
Okay so I've had my bionic for a while and flashed the cyanogen version of the ICS rom on my phone and everything works phenomenal, but I still have one question:

How do I update the ROM without going all the way back to safe strap, and toggling back to unsafe mode ad back to safe mode?

muffins7497

Reaction score
Okay so I've had my bionic for a while and flashed the cyanogen version of the ICS rom on my phone and everything works phenomenal, but I still have one question:

How do I update the ROM without going all the way back to safe strap, and toggling back to unsafe mode ad back to safe mode?

Safe system

if you are referring to the CM9 rom you just installed on your phone and want to update CM9...
you just wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik. if you do "Wipe data/factory reset"
you will reinstall all your phone settings again. you stay on Safe system as long as you
are flashing different roms or until you get tired of it.

Unsafe system
is your original system.. 902, 904, 905 or whatever you are on
original factory phone software..

OP
O

oDECREEx

Reaction score
muffins7497 said:
Safe system
if you are referring to the CM9 rom you just installed on your phone and want to update CM9...
you just wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik. if you do "Wipe data/factory reset"
you will reinstall all your phone settings again. you stay on Safe system as long as you
are flashing different roms or until you get tired of it.

Unsafe system is your original system.. 902, 904, 905 or whatever you are on
original factory phone software..

What I was trying to ask is how would/could I receive the Cm9 ics rom updates without having to toggle back and forth between unsafe ans safe in safe strap. Because that's what I have to in order to receive updates from the devs.

muffins7497

Reaction score
What I was trying to ask is how would/could I receive the Cm9 ics rom updates without having to toggle back and forth between unsafe ans safe in safe strap. Because that's what I have to in order to receive updates from the devs.

oK, ok.. if you are on CM9 and want to get updates like nightly.. you have to say on CM9..
i am assuming you are using Goomanger because of the notification you mention?
so basically.. you cannot have your cake and eat it too. their is a trade off..
Running CM9.. you stay on CM9
running stock.. stay on stock.. no major updates right now
you can switch back and forth like me when i want to watch Netflix on stock.. other then that..
do like you been doing and watch for updates

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Can you post the best place to get cm9 Ics rom? Are you using it as a daily rom?
Is it stable?
Thx

muffins7497

Reaction score
Can you post the best place to get cm9 Ics rom? Are you using it as a daily rom?
Is it stable?
Thx

i don't see CM9 on this site.. might be wrong.
try this: DROID BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums

as for me. i use Gummy 1.2.. their is a newer version... Gummy 1.2.7.3
no Netflix yet.. other then that.. I'm happy with it.
make sure you update your stock from 902 to 905 or else you are going to have 4g data issues

Gummy: [BIONIC][BETA] 6/11/2012 - Releases - RootzWiki

Gummy nightly: androtransfer.com
ps.. your phone is Bionic, Targa.. make sure it's Targa

OP
O

oDECREEx

Reaction score
muffins7497 said:

Sorry. I didn't me to sound like that. I just set up a free trial and it doesn't seem it works. It gets to the movie and then black screen so.. But Idk anything about netflix because I don't use it. Maybe you can troubleshoot it?

muffins7497

Reaction score
Sorry. I didn't me to sound like that. I just set up a free trial and it doesn't seem it works. It gets to the movie and then black screen so.. But Idk anything about netflix because I don't use it. Maybe you can troubleshoot it?

hey, no problem.. never took offense.. yours were straight to the point
Netflix.. you need hardware accelerator to work.. so basically, it's a dead issue.
thanks for your relpy

seanohe

Reaction score
I'm super rooksauce over here, but am I screwed if I am still back at .893 and way off the ota path? is there a way to flash to stock .905 or is it all about progressive changes?

Thanks

muffins7497

Reaction score
I'm super rooksauce over here, but am I screwed if I am still back at .893 and way off the ota path? is there a way to flash to stock .905 or is it all about progressive changes?

Thanks
893? tell me what you did to your phone... root, safestrap, etc
i just need to understand where you are currently